awd tranny replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awd tranny replacement

my 323 gtx just blew up the tranny. what tranny will swap in there?

Thanks in advance

You can swap in a BG GTX transmission with some mods, and you will need custom axles, and the BG 4wd shifter and cables. It will be MUCH stronger than the stock trans. I actually have one for sale on ebay now. I have axles shifter, cables and Intermediate shaft if you are interested in them as well, it would be everything you would need to have the custom axles and the correct shifter for the swap.
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Weeeeeell, it's stronger... I dunno about it being *much* stronger, but it'll last longer than a BG trans if you're nice to it. What I like about them is how much easier it is to get the car to rotate 'round tight corners with that viscous centerdiff. If you are gonna go through the effort of changing out the trans, you might as well do the BPT swap while you're at it and get some more power for your trouble.
      I hear that there are those who've put things like Evo or Alltrac trannies in there but that's a whole different level of makework.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

yeah... it's that or try to find parts... good luck on that though.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I am selling this one if you were interested. I also have axles, shifter, and brand new cables for a little extra.
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
          X