Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get a brokin key out of my key hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get a brokin key out of my key hole?

Ya i was tryin to get in my pro to fast a broke the key off in the key hole i dont know what to do , i dont want to pay nothin could someone tell me what to do....

Last edited by ProjectProtege; 12-23-2003, 11:04 AM.
    Ratrod

have to take your lock out and stick a pin through the other end...this works on fords..you can try that.

Comment

i just used needle nose plyers and a carefully applied small amount of wd40...

when i bought my pro, it had keys broken off in the driver door and the trunk...

it took about 5 minutes to get them out...
      i'd try this before dismantling anything...

i think the key for my protege is the longest car key i've ever had...
      justin
      Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
      installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

alright ill try it i just took the pantle off ....
        Ratrod

Comment

I think I used something thin like a mini-screwdriver and needle nose pliers to get mine out from the trunk. If it broke too far in you might have to go from the back side as was mentioned.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Thanks ya all i got that lil **** out fanilly about a 1 hour job.....
            Ratrod

Comment

not to be rude, but how the hell do you break off a key in you car door?!? I don't think i could if i tried. even if i put the key halfway in the lock and banged on it sideways with a sledgehammer i doubt it would break. it might bend...
              ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

M y cousin was tryin to move my car because i parked behind him so he had to be at work at 5 and he had my extra key that is kinda bent up and craked a lil so after he broke it he runs in the house like i broke your key off in your door and i had to get my ass up and move my car for him.... so yea i got him a new key today and got it out like in a hour easy....

Ratrod

Comment

keys gety old...

metal becomes weak and brittle.

A neqw key will bend, keep bedning it and it WILL become brittle and snap.

or maybe it was cold out and happened somehow like that

Yeah, if your key starts to look kinda yellow... get it replaced.. hehe :p
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                  X