Just got new 2000 LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got new 2000 LX

hey i gues i'm a new'b and my previous car's 1991 Infiniti G20's trans went so i got a new car. its a stick and only has 34 thousand miles on it and has only had 1 owner.

My question is what to do first. i'm interested in dressing it up a bit and adding some hp with a limited budget. it'd be sweet if you guys could give me some ideas and where to get them.

thanks in advanced
    Whats life if you cant enjoy it?

Congrats on the car. You want to up the Hps? If you want a really big boost then your going to have to dump some serious $$ into it, but you could start off my modifying the intake, get a cold air intake and an exhaust system along with a header depending on the engine. Welcome to the site.
    Sagaris

Comment

Welcome! 1.6 Liter sux, PERIOD. Good on gas though. I had an intake and exhaust and didn't notice **** expect sound difference. I have the WagnerMotorsports turbo kit and only now do I notice a real difference, 2500 bucks later.
      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
        Welcome! 1.6 Liter sux, PERIOD. Good on gas though. I had an intake and exhaust and didn't notice **** expect sound difference. I have the WagnerMotorsports turbo kit and only now do I notice a real difference, 2500 bucks later.
        Same here and I hope to follow in Danny's footsteps. Congrats on the new car. That is very low mileage for a 2000. My 2000 has about 35k on it now.

Comment

**** thats a lot of $$! I have 6500 in mine!
          Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
            **** thats a lot of $$! I have 6500 in mine!
            No not $35 thousand, 35 thousand miles. I have over $10k in my car now, but isn't counting the few hundred dollars on guages I just spent.

Comment

ha ha ha. Ive just put 71k on mine
              Sagaris

Comment

If I could afford $35k in aftermarket products. The car would be alot faster than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                  If I could afford $35k in aftermarket products. The car would be alot faster than it is now.
                  If you spend $35k on a protege dx 1.6 you should be shot.

Ok, Ok, let me rephrase that to sound less of an asshole. If you spend $35k on aftermarket parts other than audio components......you should be shot.
                  Last edited by RipperSnapper; 12-24-2003, 10:52 AM.
                  " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                  Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                  Painted calipers
                  Injen CAI
                  Custom exhaust
                  Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

Working...
                  X