windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows

it seems no matter what i use to clean them, my windows always look way too streaky...

anybody have a magical solution to cleaning windows?
    i'm probably just not doing it right or something...

is there any solution to windows fogging up too much?

i usually keep my vents open... and have a window cracked, but it still does it... a lot...
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Rain X makes an anti fog wipe that works well.

I use windex with vinegar in it. It works great, doesnt leave streaks and wont ruin my tint.
    Sagaris

Comment

I think I have tried just about every window cleaner there is. Yet to find a perfect one. But the one I am using nowadays is made by Eagle One. It works pretty damn good, just not perfect.

Comment

I never really have a problem with my windows...maybe its your wiping technique :p:
        Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
          I never really have a problem with my windows...maybe its your wiping technique :p:
          You never know. Next time I go to a meet I will ask everyone about their wiping techniques.

Comment

If your windows are streaking you are using too much solution. Try using just a thin spray on each window or spray the solution on the rag about 8-10 inches away. Also use a good cotton rag (old t-shirt works well).
            2002 Blackmica P5
            CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

I use windex and old newspaper. It's not really what you put on your windows it's what you use to wipe them with. It sounds kinda off the wall but it works wonders, no lent. It takes quite a few sheets of paper if you do the whole car and it may take an extra wipe or two more than using a rag does. Always use an almost dry one because it'll start to leave streaks. Worked lovely for me...I imagine it'd do the same for you.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
              Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
              I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

yep windex and old news papers work very well.
                Sagaris

Comment

I found this stuff called Invisible Glass at my local Meijer, and it works very well. Leaves no streaks and cleans well.
                  Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
                  Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

Originally posted by ProtonPants
                    I found this stuff called Invisible Glass at my local Meijer, and it works very well. Leaves no streaks and cleans well.
                    Oh god I tried using that stuff once. Worst cleaner I have ever tried. I thought maybe my windows were just funny and it didn't like them, but I gave it to my friend to try on his Grand Am, it looked awful on his too. It took me weeks to get all the **** it left on my windows off. Never again.

Comment

Plain white vinegar works great. Cheap too, but you HAVE to use newspaper. Lots of newspaper. I usually have a craving for Fish and Chips after though.

Keep the interior as dry as possible to prevent fogging. Winter time you will track snow and moisture into the car, and the carpet gets wet. Car warms up, moisture evaporates, car cools then you get condensation (fogging) on the windows.

Use rubber mats in the cars (the deep kind) and empty them often. Leave a window cracked open during the day. It wont get rid of all of it, but it will help.

Comment

I use a pressure washer at close range and a newspaper. as for fogging, you might have a rotted heater core. And coolant is steaming your front windshield.
                        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                        So his engine he goosed
                        With much too much boost,
                        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I've used Meguirs Quick Detailer on my windows. They've been streak free for me and it doesn't damage my tint. Also i've found that at when doing about 40mph and above, the water just kind of rolls off the windows which is another plus.
                          1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                          MODS:
                          GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                          TO DO LIST:
                          EDM/JDM rear bumper
                          EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                          Repaint car

Comment

hmmm thats interesting. I use invisible glass and its awesome. Just use old crumbled newspaper. its what 'pros' use.
                            My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                              hmmm thats interesting. I use invisible glass and its awesome. Just use old crumbled newspaper. its what 'pros' use.
                              I found taht the best way to remove streaks is to just use any window cleaner ( i just use windex). Clean your window as you would normally would with an old t-shirt. Then after about 10 minutes get a soft clean shirt and rub your windows down. Nomatter what you put on it will leave a thin film on which is what leads to the streaks. But if you give it time to dry, then get a clean soft rag and rub them down it will remove this film completely. The easiest way to check if there is any more film on your window is to look into teh windows on an angle with teh sun shining onto it. If you pick up the right angle you will see the streaks clear as day. Just rub them off in a circular motion (sorta like the karate kid.. wax on wax off wax on wax off) until they disappear and viola!

Even if you still wish to use a news paper or mix your cleaner with lemonade and apply it to your window with one foot in the air, give it a solid rub down afterwards once everything has dried.
                              Diary of a nerd;
                              A life? Cool! Where can i download one of those from?

Mazda 323 trapped in a Ford Laser body! Thats my story

Comment

Working...
                              X