The Protege Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Protege Makeover

well, after 2 full years of trashing my beautiful car, i've decided to take some more pride in it and revamp it a little bit. my goals by march 31st:
    new carpet
    new floor mats
    new speakers all around
    new hood and fender (unpainted)
    intake
    some new door panels for the front if i can fit them into the budget and find em
    new alternator w/ accessory belts

this will get rid of my funky stains in the carpet, my hood pins, unsightly front end, and some other things. THEN comes the cream of the whole project, new paint job.. switching to midnight blue (not an expensive paint job, but something that will last me at least 5 years) now, the paint job may have to wait till may, but for the remainder of the items, i present, the 98 day make over

wish me luck
    peace
    (yeah, hokey, so what :p: )

Good luck!
    Midnight Blue...I loathe you!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

interior of the trunk is already black as is, i'm not going to do the inside of the trunk, not even the trunk lid. enginebay.. i'm not sure what this body guy that i'm eyeballing is really capable of, i'll have to shop around for a good deal.
      peace

Comment

Re: The Protege Makeover

Originally posted by demoninvictus
        well, after 2 full years of trashing my beautiful car, i've decided to take some more pride in it and revamp it a little bit. my goals by march 31st:
        new carpet
        new floor mats
        new speakers all around
        new hood and fender (unpainted)
        intake
        some new door panels for the front if i can fit them into the budget and find em
        new alternator w/ accessory belts

this will get rid of my funky stains in the carpet, my hood pins, unsightly front end, and some other things. THEN comes the cream of the whole project, new paint job.. switching to midnight blue (not an expensive paint job, but something that will last me at least 5 years) now, the paint job may have to wait till may, but for the remainder of the items, i present, the 98 day make over

wish me luck
        peace
        (yeah, hokey, so what :p: )
        Hey there is some huge Junkyard out there in PA.. I want to go to it one of these weekends. We could hook up and go out there and hunt for Protege parts.
        Bro let me know

I want to makeover my Protege also. I have been concentrating on the speed aspect of the car and trying to get the motor running and collecting all the turbo goodies for the car. I have not even had the chance to try and get any body work done. I want to give the car to the body shop and let them paint the 2 sides of the car. Then let them do the 2 bumpers. I am hoping to have the damn Carbon Fiber hood by time everything is done. I have been also haveing thoughts of a body kit to .... hmmmmmm

Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Way to show some potential love to your 94... Keep it true!! Peace!!!!

Ameen aka "Tokes"
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

welp, there have been some minor additions in project goals.. some interior stuff.. so far i'm pricing pre-formed replacement carpet and some additional padding.. possibly some sound deadener as well. a good portion of my goals may be solved by a junkyard protege a adam has found, hopefully i can make it out there in time to redeem some parts out of it. as far as speakers and deadening my doors, i'm continuing some research on these matters as well. funds are steady, however will get spent faster than i can get them . i'll keep you posted.
            peace

Comment

tight dood, get some pics of the before and after when u have time. Glad to see ur gunna spice up that hoopty. :-p lol. Ill help ya if u need some asistance.
              Maroon 1995 Probe SE
              Beige 1994 Protege DX
              Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

D,

Give this guy a call. He's a friend of a friend. I can't guarantee -his prices, but he's a relatively small shop. He has a ton of experience (30 yrs). He is located in Oreland on Pennsylvania Ave. O'Neill Auto Body - 215-887-2888, Bill O'Neill. If he can't help you or if he's too $$$ he might be able to give you a few references.

Where have you found good carpet?

Brian
                1991 DX "Bone Stock", 157K Miles

Comment

brian, how you doin' bud... DAMN it's been a while since i last heard from you :p: . likewise, i'm getting the carpet from an online dealer, don't remember the website or the company name, but costs for carpet run 120 or so plus 20 to 25 for shipping.. phone number if you're interested is toll free 1-866-956-2886. they specialize in automotive carpet and are authorized vendors for ACC carpets, the manufacturer. they offer black, sandlewood (tan), and some other color.. i think maybe blue, not sure. but the carpets come pre-molded with padding and even dead pedal rest i believe. won't know the details until i place my order and ask, but apparently they ship 7 to 10 days from the time you place the order. likewise, i just purchased deadener from Elemental Designs.. all 80 SQ FT of that **** should be at my doorstep in a weeks time so i can begin the interior. basically my goal is to gut the floor out, clean it, lay down a single layer of mat on the floor and firewall, do 2 coats on the doors, and any remnants are getting thrown on the back dash. hopefully, this, with some extra padding under the carpet should kill alot of my road noise. i've already swapped my blue mx-3 seats out with a tan set BoostedPro found in the junkyard (he has my blue seats :p ). after some spot treating, these seats should be good as new. exterior is going to take a back seat till next pay check when i have the cash to search the junkyard for a 94 hood and any protege fender. and i'm not in dire need of the speakers just yet, so thats going to be one of the next to last modifications i do. so far, everything is rolling at good pace. i'll keep ya's updated.
                  peace

Comment

I have been sitting around at the "other site" wondering where everyone went. I'll be interested to hear about the carpet and see the completed install. Thanks for the number. I'll wait for your review of the company and the product.

I hope all is well. Are you still at Donatos?. Happy New Year!

Brian
                    1991 DX "Bone Stock", 157K Miles

Comment

well, my search in the junkyard continues... and as it stands, i don't think i will bother getting the car color changed, you're talking several different factors not being worth it. still working on a few new parts on the exterior... but dynamatting the interior should begin soon, carpet has a few weeks till i can put it on order, new floor mats, new speakers.. eventually everything will come together.
                      peace

Comment

well, today didn't have time for much, but managed to get the seats out, console out, and the carpet out, and reinstalled the front seats all in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.. quite a lot of **** to do in a hurry, never the less, the sound deadening begins tomorrow, as well as a trip to the junkyard. keep ya posted,
                        peace

Comment

Good luck in the yard tomorrow Kev. Hope you can find everything you need for the car.
                          1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                          MODS:
                          GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                          TO DO LIST:
                          EDM/JDM rear bumper
                          EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                          Repaint car

Comment

took out a spot of rust and shaved the rain gutters, this is my 92 dx. afterwards i found out the rain gutters really do serve a purpose and find a good paint place cause mine is starting to chip on the bumper, it has a warenty but i really dont feel like going through it all since i dont really drive it much any more

i have better picture quality but they have to be under 100kb

Wil made a how to on the head lights on my new car but i figured i would include a pic, and theres a pic of my mx3 seats
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by kotnbalz; 01-12-2004, 11:53 PM.
                            94 Black Pro LX
                            Borbet Type B
                            Headlight Conversion
                            MX3 Seats
                            K&N Cone Filter

92 Blue Pro DX
                            Spoiler
                            Cone Filter
                            Shaved Rain Gutters

Comment

well after 3 gruling hours, starving in the cold, i finally finished the driver's side doors of the car, only leaving the back dash, passenger's side front door, and maybe some trunk work left. aside from that, i'm waiting on funds to purchase new carpet and i should be good to go. getting some 3rd gen protege grey floor mats for the car off of ebay soon.. maybe not an ideal fit, but hell, they're clean and say protege on them. i couldn't give a **** less. it's just too damn cold to accomplish much on this car as it stands right now, but tomorrow yields another day of sound deadening and another trip to the junkyard (still can't find that door panel or any white 94's ).
                              peace

Comment

Working...
                              X