Make fun of my horrible diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make fun of my horrible diagram.

But seriously, I need a battery light in the 2nd gen as I don't want a voltage meter and my current set up requires me to run a multimeter just to make sure its charging.

I know its a horribly crude diagram and I'm missing one of the power wires but that's not important
    But would it actually work?

Also I feel a resistor might be necessary as a lot of relays wont click just below 12. Hell the stock fuel pump relay stays on at 9volts. So if I throw a resistor in line I can have the battery light actually turn on below 12volts.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

so essentially you want the light to turn off when you have a low battery that will no longer turn on the relay.

Comment

With a NC relay like he drew, the light should turn on when the voltage drops. I'd replace the inline resistor with a variable potentiometer, that way you can adjust the turn-off point.

--Ferdi
      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
      -----
      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
        With a NC relay like he drew, the light should turn on when the voltage drops. I'd replace the inline resistor with a variable potentiometer, that way you can adjust the turn-off point.

--Ferdi
        Ah, missed the nc part.

Comment

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post

--Ferdi
          I'm not going to lie I had to google that.
          And then I realized it was a guitar knob.

I might use one of those if I can't get the voltage right with a resistor but I have plenty in my tackle box so I'm going to to try those first.

Thank you for your input
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
          X