zm-de to zl-ve engine swap questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zm-de to zl-ve engine swap questions.

will the ZL-VE bolt up to the f25m-R and what else will i need to swap this engine with my 1.6l

No one has ever done the swap before, but supposedly everything should bolt up because the block is the same/similar. You will need a stand alone controller to control the S-VT system, since our ECU's do not have that capability.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Why not just get the 1.8L out of the same model protege that you have and turbo it ....
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
        Why not just get the 1.8L out of the same model protege that you have and turbo it ....

cause it'd just be cool to have the only ZL-VE swap in the US the ZL-VE brings it up to 125-130 hp, like the 1.8L. the 1.8L requires new engine mounts and tranny. the ZL-VE would use the same engine mounts and tranny, in theory and if you turbo the ZL-VE, you'll have boost in combination with variable timing that would be sick if properly setup:p:

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
          cause it'd just be cool to have the only ZL-VE swap in the US the ZL-VE brings it up to 125-130 hp, like the 1.8L. the 1.8L requires new engine mounts and tranny. the ZL-VE would use the same engine mounts and tranny, in theory and if you turbo the ZL-VE, you'll have boost in combination with variable timing that would be sick if properly setup:p:
          U forgot broke, you will be broke...
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I inquired corksport about the ZL-VE several months ago and they didn't have an answer how to get the variable timing working in the U.S. 1.6 protege. They said they sold 1 engine and the guy was hush-hush about the swap. Phucker
            Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
              U forgot broke, you will be broke...

you're gonna be broke with the 1.8L swap too new tranny, axles (i think), engine mounts, ECU, etc. either way it's a lot of money, course with a turbo it'd still probably be less than i've spent on stereo equipment over the past 8 years

Comment

OK..this is where i am....i am also interested in this swap...i read the faq's and am confused on one thing...If i swap to the zl-ve....what are the chances of having the harness and ecu included with the engine....What i need is for someone who has checked on this before to give me information on who provides these engines.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ok...thanks to negatize..he didnt even know he helped me...ive found the engine... http://www.corksport.com/main.php3?p...5.content...so i guess corksport doesnt ship the harness so where the hell am i suppose to get the harness....according to faq...the only aftermarket ecu is Halteck e11....please need info....my wrenches havnt been used in a while and im getting really bored just planning.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

does anyone knows where i can get this stock harness.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The only place I know that has the remote possibility of getting the JDM stock harness is Corksport. Have you tried calling and inquiring?
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hello,

wath happen with your projet to swap you engin?

and went you buy engin the ecu came with?

thank

seb

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                          back from the dead
                          yeah no ****, its because people like to dream, and no one wants to actually try **** on their cars.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I thnk I could actually do this swap. Or at least build up a hybrid.

Is this the same engine they use in the e-spec pro? Or is it only Jspec, I know alot of companies dont change stuff for the european market becuase they have the same high octane gas and emisions.

Ill be headed to europe for a few weeks and I should be able to bring back the head w ecu and harness probubly the pistons too. Is there anything else I would have to bring just keep it under the 80(i think) pound per bag limit. I could so pull this stuff off a wreak or just pick it up at the dealer.

Comment

Working...
                            X