X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR strut bar

Looky at what I won on eBay:

Can't wait to get it! The guy had two so I got both of them, $75 total. Cablemirc has dibs on the other one. eBay owns!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

I've got one of those. Seriosuly though, they are alot better then the crap bar Ractive sells. You'll be happy with your purchase.

Adam
    1991 Protege GTR
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

Yeah, from what I understand a one-piece bar is MUCH better. I also have the mazdaspeed rear strut bar which is a one-piece design. (got that on eBay too)
      Rear Bar:

2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Noice find! I have one of those crappy knock-off bars... Ahh well, it still works somewhat well
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah i got one off ebay for 20 bucks it was a bomz 3 piece but it improved handling so much
          i is dumb

Comment

Sweet!! Let us know how it performces once you have it on.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

ive got that crappy ractive one but its all good...it works, and it looks good

Comment

Thats the second one i've seen pop up now....I've had mine (front bar from Rod Millen MOtorsports) for almost 13 years and never saw more than one other before...

Good find indeed.

Marc, check your PM box

Comment

Great find Marc, congrats!

So Darryl, is there any way you could use one of these as a template for your prototype? I'm sure Dave wouldn't mind - as long as it didn't get destroyed of course!
                  Scott
                  '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                  '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                  '98 Volvo V70 T5
                  '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

I have one dude! the shop has mine for the model, but in order to make it strong, the endlinks need to be stamped like the OEM one, there's no simple way to make it fit, look good and perform without a stamped endlink. That is, if you use all 4 of the mounting holes (well, it only use 3 of the 4)

Comment

I want it I want it
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

awsome i bet that will be alot better then the generic strut braces we buy off ebay. Thicker and more stability and bracing. Im just guessing.

Lemme know how it feels bro!
                        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                        Beige 1994 Protege DX
                        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

It's not all that beefy, but it's definetely stronger than any others.

Comment

Working...
                          X