Anyone else have shift cable issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have shift cable issues?

I was out racing last sunday and before i even finished the first session i lost 2nd fourth and reverse . I have spent a while playing around trying to adjust the cables to no avail. But trans will shift into gear if you do it at the transmission. its notchy but ti got 180k on it so thats bound to happen. anyways anyone else have any issues with this? anywhere other than mazda to get them? mazda has them for 250 for a customer off the street, 150 my price and i am just looking to make sure no one has had this problem and it wasnt the cables or find a cheaper cable solution.

I would take a look at the bushing on the end of the cable under your battery tray before tossing a set of cables in there. Could be something a little more simple to change.

Comment

Yep, when mine broke i lost the same gears. Shift toooo hard and theyy break. Crappy cables i guess.
      1988 323 GTX

Comment

bushings are new. guess mazda will be getting more of my moneys

Comment

Alright thought i would update this so in the future people know. I pulled the old cables and found the thick plastic sheathing was missing at a main bend. SO when you pulled back into 2nd it pushs the cable and it doesnt have anything to keep it straight so it bends too much to get it into 2nd, fourth, or reverse. and it seems mazda is the only place that carries them your looking around 250 bucks if your a customer off the streets.

Comment

Working...
          X