once again AA isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once again AA isn't working

well, sort of i'm about to order over $150 worth of connectors, wire, RCA's, and fuses. course that's down from my original pick of almost $400 all from an e-bay store, too:
    Get the best deals on Stores HUB when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

on carsound someone mentioned that it might be mitek selling all that stuff, since they are all/where mitek brands. killer prices on some stuff, but others are still cheaper through knukonceptz. i'm getting the 75/50 ft spools of pos and neg 4 guage cable, 250 ft of 8 guage red wire, five 10 ft RCA's, 48 spade terminals 8 guage, 10 packs of pos and neg 4 guage ring terminals, 20 crimp 4 guage ring terminals, 5-150 amp ANL fuses, 7-4 guage ANL fuse holders, and 10-80 amp ANL fuses. at least now when someone needs me to do an install i won't have to go out and buy an install kit or i might piece together install kits for people on here who need them

sweet jesus man. get a hold of yourself! where the hell are u getting all this money from...especially around this time of the year! my god im lucky to have enough money to take my car to the car wash

Comment

with the thread title, i figured you were going into rehab...
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        with the thread title, i figured you were going into rehab...

in this section it means audiophiles anonymous course i spent my time in the real AA, back when i was 19 and a freshman in college ah the good old days when a 12 pack would barely get me buzzed couse now i'm a cheap drunk

asylum24, it's actually very simple, i have no girlfriend they cost too much money. i'm in the process of finding a sugar mama, though:p: i just paid my car off 9 months early too i can honestly say i wouldn't be able to afford half of this, if my reserve unit didn't get activated. now i'm living in charleston, SC, great place BTW, where the army pays for my place to live and food on top of my regular pay. so i have no food or rent expenses and i take home $1100 every 2 weeks needless to say i volunteered to stay on active duty as long as possible.

Comment

ahh i c.. that is pretty awsome i must say... so u wana be nice and buy me a xmas present

I agree women are expensive but dunno what I would do without mine...love her to death

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
            ahh i c.. that is pretty awsome i must say... so u wana be nice and buy me a xmas present

I agree women are expensive but dunno what I would do without mine...love her to death

i barely bought x-mas gifts for my family, let alone friends why do you think i can afford so much for myself:p: you don't get rich by giving away money as for women, i've gotten good at keeping them for just long enough, but get rid of them before things like valentines day, their birthdays, x-mas, etc yep, i'm a prick

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              i barely bought x-mas gifts for my family, let alone friends why do you think i can afford so much for myself:p: you don't get rich by giving away money as for women, i've gotten good at keeping them for just long enough, but get rid of them before things like valentines day, their birthdays, x-mas, etc yep, i'm a prick
              Damn Skippy Blue!!! I'm pricking right there with ya'
              Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
                Damn Skippy Blue!!! I'm pricking right there with ya'

what up bro? i'm gonna try to get up that way in mid jan

Comment

Where do you guys get the money? I have been working my butt off lately, not having any time nor money to do ****. My head unit is on it's last leg in that the display goes out occasionally. I have to pop the face plate and put it back on. Maybe it is just a bad connection. Yesterday, I put in the Boston Acoustics Bass CD and blew the main fuse to the system. I popped the hood, and noticed the wire close to the battery terminal was blackened. Also, if I start up my car and rev the engine at night, I can see the headlights go from normal to a little bit brighter. I don't know if that is one cause for the main fuse being blown (electrical surge from the battery) or what! I have not done any thing to it since the boxes were put in. The rear deck is still removed do to vibrations With Xmas and having to use my PTO hours (paid time off), Ihaven't been able to get as many hours in. I worked Xmas Eve and Xmas Day, but we got off a couple to a few hours early. I am off New Years and this week have been taking care of a coworkers two cats (one of which needs insulin injections). That has been scary Try giving a cat who doesn't know you and vice versa an injection. The thing hisses and grunts at me like it's going to tear my ass up. Thank God it is 18 years old or it may just do that.

MisterT
                  2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                  KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                  Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                  Groundkit

Comment

mike, good to see you're still around some of the other guys were asking about you, and i told them you were around, just really busy as for the money, the army pays very well almost double what i was getting at staples to work 40 hours a week. and now i don't work over 32 hours a week:p: just in case you don't check this, i'm going to e-mail you about this too, i've got an few year old pioneer HU you can have. i hate the thing, but it works it's been my spare for a few years. it's been in and out of my car and my friend's car, but it still works great. we'll work something out for it

Comment

I am actually looking at two units: A Clarion unit and a Blaukpunkt unit. The Blau has a S/N ratio of 108 db's. I would stick with Alpine, but I want something different. As for electrical problems, if I start my car and then turn headlights on and the radio and AC/Heat is off, the lights will get brighter as I rev the engine. I can't tell if it does so on the road at higher RPMs. I know that the alt, puts out more voltage at higher RPMs, but it seems that the headlights should stay at a constant shine (unless AC and/or stereo is on of course). I brought the car in 2-3 times, but every thing checks out. I blew the main fuse once, but haven't a 2nd time (but I haven't been listening to bass heavy CDs either). R u still in Chas. or back in FL? Damn, maybe I should join the Reserves.

Groundkit

Comment

something definitely isn't right if your lights get brighter, and nothing is running how did you blow your main fuse? the alternator will only put out more power at higher rpms if it needs to. that's the reason for having the voltage regulator. i finally got a new clamp meter, so i can check things out for you. actually be able to check the amperage draw from your amps, and how much the alt is putting out i'm still stationed in charleston, but i'm home on holiday leave now i'll be up there through feb, possibly through august.

Comment

I was listening to that Boston Acoustics CD and this was during the day when every thing shut off. I looked under the hood and the fuse was fried. Not only that, but the glass itself had come off of the gold plated end. I noticed that the power wires were a little blackened and there were a couple of skinny red wires (power wire to the Xover) that was "indented" in to the 4 gauge wire. No exposed wire, it just turned darker like a power surge or something. I never blew they main fuse ever for the several years that I have had a system in my car. All I can think of is with the current draw from the bass hitting, it must have drawn too much from the battery. It was the 3rd or 4th track (Feel the Bass) when the bass starts out a certain freqency and then gets louder as it reaches a different one, when all of a sudden, the system shut off. I want to get a new head unit, put the big SoundStream amp (which is collecting dust right now) on the highs, and what would be even badder, get another JBL mono amp and have one driving each sub for more volume. The only thing stopping me is the frustration with the electrical system. I bought my car new hoping it would not have "someone else's problems" with it and this is what I get My first "new" car ever purchased.

Groundkit

Comment

i'm still wondering about that 100 amp main fuse. that's just for the car, and the alternator does not go through that to the battery. your system would have to be wired after that in order for it to pop i wish i had a definite answer for it

Comment

Working...
                            X