Possible New Look for CF Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible New Look for CF Hood

I know I have only had this hood for a couple of days, but I was thinking of maybe having it painted when I get some body work done in the spring. I like the idea of painting the edges silver. Whatcha think?

i think that would look kinda sick... u should do that up hah

Comment

Noticed alot of guys doing it with the Wings West. Always thought it looked pretty sweet.

Comment

I like the idea alot, up to you but I think it looks killer
        Visit My Garage

Comment

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. I like having a Protege that is completely unique and unlike any other out here, but it bothers me that others have the same color. I picked out a charcoal silver that Merecedes offers. I want it to be the same color as my carbon primer seats. And since I want to have my door handles and trunk shaved. And I will also be repainting my body kit, I figure why the hell not paint the rest of the car. So if I go ahead with the plan the painted carbon fiber will have the exact same look as my seats, which I think would look sick. When I get some time I plan on ps'ing my car that color and shaving the handles so I can get a preview.

Comment

attention all site user's!! we have a thief.
            proto2k is stealing my future plans. lol
            i was going to to my hood that way, except i am getting the dgm carbon fiber grill so the hood comes to a point and blends in nicely with grille.
            but sure does look good in that pic!!

Comment

i think it would look cooler with the center painted and hte outer edges CF.... so it looks like hte cf is coming out of the headlights... just a thought since you have black on the sides and not in the middle... just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                attention all site user's!! we have a thief.
                proto2k is stealing my future plans. lol
                i was going to to my hood that way, except i am getting the dgm carbon fiber grill so the hood comes to a point and blends in nicely with grille.
                but sure does look good in that pic!!
                Funny you say that, because I was going to recommend you do that to your hood. That grille will look great in there. I was thinking to myself earlier after I did that photoshop. And I was trying to figure out something with the grille too. Except my only real option is to paint the mesh black, which I don't want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  i think it would look cooler with the center painted and hte outer edges CF.... so it looks like hte cf is coming out of the headlights... just a thought since you have black on the sides and not in the middle... just a thought
                  I remember seeing somebody do that with a Wings West hood on their MSP. It looked terrible IMO.

Comment

ah ok.... just a thought that I figured I would through out

Comment

how come you dont want to paint the mesh black?
                      do you think it would look bad, or just to much trouble to do.
                      either way looks good, man i cant get over how sweet your hood looks on there!

Comment

Well when the mesh is painted black it exposes alot of stuff that wasn't meant to be seen. Just looks sloppy.

Comment

just something... i was bored.... only pic i could find of your car sideways with the new rims... so it has a silver hood and I had to fake the headlights... but its shaved and re colored atleast... kinda ****ty done but i was bored
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            just something... i was bored.... only pic i could find of your car sideways with the new rims... so it has a silver hood and I had to fake the headlights... but its shaved and re colored atleast... kinda ****ty done but i was bored
                            The stealth protege! lol
                            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X