GTX into a 94 EGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX into a 94 EGT

hey guys, i know that somewhere in these boards is all the info i need, but with work, getting my trip to germany planned and trying to date this one girl, i dont have a whole lot of time.

anyway, what im looking to do is to GTX my car (i was going to supercharge it, but my engine is smoking like a crack whore so i need a new engine). if i buy a gtx from corksport or whereever, i know ill need a new clutch, have my flywheel resurfaced, get an upgraded fuel pump, get the gtx ecu and wiring harness, fmic, but thats all i can think of. what else will i need? will the gtx come with an oil restrictor? ive spent most of my time researching S/Cing my car, so i dont know a huge amount about turbos. thanks for your help guys
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
    -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ditch the girl....they are a drain on the wallet.

You can keep the GTX clutch and Flywheel. You just have to match them. So if you get a new non-GTX clutch...you need a non-GTX fly. It would probably be a good idea to get a good clutch to handle the power (I would suggest a Spec 2+ or 3) and just use your stock EGT fly.
    You can keep the stock EGT fuel pump for anything in the GTX power range.
    GTX ECU is needed for sure. You can mod your EGT wire harness with minimal work. Maybe about 45min worth.
    The stock fitting on the VJ20 has the restrictor already in it. If you get a complete GTX motor then all that jazz should still be on there.
    If the setup doesn't come with any of the piping....then yes....you will need an intercooler setup of some sort.
    I'm running the stock sidemount in my EGT right now....and it sucks.
    You will also need either a GTX VAF or an RX7 VAF.
    Last edited by Skuce; 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM.
    Drew
    '95 EGT 1.8
    T
    '93 ELX 1.9 SC
    '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

n/a rx7 vaf "b" code

Comment

haha, this is awesome. thanks guys.
        -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

so now that corksport isnt selling gtx engines, where is a reputable place i can buy them at?
          -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Check out jdmsource from Calgary. Heard good things about them

sigpic
            2004 Subaru WRX STi
            2003 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Working...
            X