add me to the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add me to the club

well after 100,000 plus miles on the bpt motor it was time to blow. with me beating on it everyday and the previous owner cris (gtxfamilia) also beating on it i guess the motor couldn't take it any more i think that and the fact that i dont have a intercooler just straight from turbo to intake manifold with blow off valve (it had but were donated to steve inorder to make copy for all of you to benifit from a real front mount intercooler with only 4 couplings and not 20 like most people have) you guys owe me a motor now lol j/k. there no compression in piston #4. so now its time to rebuild the bpt motor or maybe a miata bottom end with bp head then go with t3/t4 and more boost
    like lil wayne says: i wish i can **** every girl in the world.

go the other way a miata head with a bp bottom end.
    GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
    AND
    THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

whats the advantage of going with a miata head? i think it might be more then a pita then i would want right now

Comment

The 99-00 Miata head (BP-4W) flows better because it has steeper intake ports, but you need to modify the intake manifold flange for it to work. The exhaust ports are identical.

--Ferdi
        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
        -----
        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

dosent it have that valve timing thing or whatever its called? can i run the miata head with the bp engine harness?

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolricer View Post
            dosent it have that valve timing thing or whatever its called? can i run the miata head with the bp engine harness?
            No, the '01+ have VVT. The '99-00 Miata's don't use a CAS/distributor, but still have that area in the head for one. It's basically plug-and-play except for having to modify the intake manifold flange.

--Ferdi
            If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
            -----

Comment

what is the extent of modifying the manifold flange? Is ir something 30 mins and a dremel can do?
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                what is the extent of modifying the manifold flange? Is ir something 30 mins and a dremel can do?
                The bolt holes need to be moved down ~9mm (I don't remember the exact amount anymore). I don't think there is enough material on a BP manifold and on my GTR I welded in some extra aluminum for the lower bolt holes, but it wasn't really needed as there would have been just barely enough material to just re-drill the holes.

--Ferdi
                -----

Comment

Sorry to hear. Good luck with the build
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the aftermath melted piston

i finally took the head off and found this in the number 4 piston
                    Attached Files

Comment

Damn no intercooler would do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X