Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension?

alright, i've been reading around, and haven't really found what i'm looking for.

I was looking at upgrading the suspension (struts and springs?) but i don't know exactly what i'm looking at sence i'm not familiar with any thing suspension wise. I'm just looking for something simple that isn't to expensive that will help my dd/novice autocross protege. As i learn more and have more money ill probably upgrade, but i'm just sticking to simple now.
    sigpic
    96 protege dx - gone :'(
    94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
    02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
    95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
    I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
    Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
    Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
    Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

18 members have viewed this and none have a suggestion for some little things to upgrade or at least work on? I don't think the suspension has had anything done to it for a while, i haven't touched it in the last 50k miles i've driven it.

I'm just looking for options right now, so any suggestions are welcome
    sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

seriously? click the sticky right above your thread "Complete Suspension List"
      95 ES
      05 S60R

Comment

Look around, lots of threads about lowering, or better performance struts and what not. The answers are there, just browse around.
        sigpic

Comment

i looked at the thread above, it just has part lists, i don't know anything about the parts though. I'm guessing new struts and springs, but are there anything other parts that go with that? what are endlinks? do i need new ones?
          sigpic

Comment

Whattt?

It depends on how low you want your car, and price usually dictates quality and warranty. Replace your struts if you lower your car. Endlinks attach your struts to your swaybar and control steer. I assume you don't have a swaybar so you don't have endlinks to begin with. If you replace your struts make sure they have tabs for endlinks. Get a sway bar and endlinks off a junker ES or any 95 otherwise shell out for an AWR 21.5 mm.
            95 ES
            05 S60R

Comment

Working...
            X