Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a new clutch.... need a smooth engagement one at that.(help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a new clutch.... need a smooth engagement one at that.(help)

Im looking for a decent clutch to hold some significant power...yet i need a smooth engaging clutch so as not to blow my trans as fast.

Anybody have some good ideas... im looking at spending no more than $400 if possible.

-(looked at it but wasn't so sure any opinions on this)-

if you have any ideas please include a web address or a direct link if possible to a clutch.

thanks
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

i got a clutch net clutch a its a 6 puck sprunghub and dual friction preasure plate it holds good so far. i have 230 whp and now im using 80 shot and never had it slip.its ok if u drive on highway but in city driving when it gets hot it chaters.if u looking something in 200 hp and under i would probly use stage 3 clutchmasters or a centerforce clutch.
    http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
    )
    91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
    97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
    99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
    2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
    2006 EVO GSR
    FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

I've tried the centerforce dual friction and it holded 2 week after the brake in period at just 7psi, then i went with a custom pressure plate with a normal disc and it's awesome but a pain in the leg. What tranny do you have the fwd or the awd if you have the awd then you have to be carefull but the front wheel drive tranny can hold a lot of abuse has mine would tell. I did about a hundred 1/4 lunch this summer and only broke a second gear synchro by my mistake.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
      Transmission mechanic

Comment

Working...
      X