VW Golf Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW Golf Sport

Anyone drive one of the new VW Golf's yet? A friend of mine's got a 5sp 2.8L V6 that is absolutley AWESOME...that car will get up and move...
    02 Black Dx with Full Tint and Katana Tezzas...and don't you dare laugh at my sprayer LEDs!

i drove the old one i believe it was a 02, the vr6, fast little ****er, just kept climbing in speed. i freaked out the salesman.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Yeah, my buddy said his salesman only let him drive it once, he wanted to take it out again before he bought it. Said it's a great snow car though(since he lives in PA, I guess that's what he needs...if you ask me though, snow is for penguins and polar bears, they can keep it)

He was saying that you can get it in a 1.8L turbo V6 that he's thinking about trading in for....I told him to just tune the 2.8 he's got though, but he didn't want to pay the $4k for the supercharger available for it...
      02 Black Dx with Full Tint and Katana Tezzas...and don't you dare laugh at my sprayer LEDs!

Comment

Originally posted by NatecUDF
        Yeah, my buddy said his salesman only let him drive it once, he wanted to take it out again before he bought it. Said it's a great snow car though(since he lives in PA, I guess that's what he needs...if you ask me though, snow is for penguins and polar bears, they can keep it)

He was saying that you can get it in a 1.8L turbo V6 that he's thinking about trading in for....I told him to just tune the 2.8 he's got though, but he didn't want to pay the $4k for the supercharger available for it...
        It's actually a 1.8l inline 4, they are VERY stout engines. Crazy-modibility, too. You can chip them and get an extra +30whp for all of like $400. 1.8t =
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

i hate them... they are ugly, low quality, unstable... and the 1.4 engine! jesus... if you floor him more than 5400rpm, he just dies... germany, yuck!
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you discover go zoom-zoom
          you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

my friends got a 30th anniversary z28 with about 2 g worth of boltons...went to this strip we all race at...well not me....but this kid in a 02 vr6 challenged my boy to a race...kacy laughed of course and then got his ass kicked by 2 car lengths...i have nothing but respect for vw's/...i have no choice to i drive a 1.6l protege
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
              my friends got a 30th anniversary z28 with about 2 g worth of boltons...went to this strip we all race at...well not me....but this kid in a 02 vr6 challenged my boy to a race...kacy laughed of course and then got his ass kicked by 2 car lengths...i have nothing but respect for vw's/...i have no choice to i drive a 1.6l protege
              That vr6 must have had A LOT of work done.... a z28 with 2 grand with of mods should easily be in the 12s. I've seen a few slips for very low 13s bone stock, I think I also saw a '02 firehawk timeslip who ran a 12.9 right off the showroom floor.

It's all about the driver.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

nah man....he has perf chip...no mufflers...headers, 373's, and a programmer and his fastest time is slower than it was stock...stock he ran 14.1...after mods he runs 14.2 consistantly, and had one 14 second run on a cold day with slicks. This is a Automatic tranny by the way. his girlfiriends stock 94 z spanks him every time.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

by the way,,,the vr6 is owned by one of the leaders of st. louis steet racing and no one knows for sure what is done to his car...all i can tell you is that i cant believe he hasnt broke anything as hard as he launches.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

also i think firehawks come with ls1's dont they?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Oh, my mistake... 30th anniverssary is like '96, right? I don't think they started the LS1 in the cars until '98.

BTW, that auto tranny he has in the car isn't holding him back that much. The autos in the camaro's are almost as fast as the 6MT.

That sucks that he's running slower WITH the mods than without. Tuning problems, maybe? An opened exhaust should give him some nice gains (though I'm not sure running straightpipes would be good, maybe a backpressure issue).
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

you got it..he does have the LT-1 and he is a member in st. louis v-8 club, so he knows all the tricks, its just none of them work for his car....you are also right about the massive gain in the vr-6, you
                        the only thing that has leaked out about it is the chip. oh and the obvious exhaust work. im trying to get the site url but its down right now.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Back to Golfs: The R32 is coming to the US. 240hp and AWD.

And check out page 116 of this month's Motor Trend.
                          ~Mark.
                          2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Working...
                          X