How Exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Exciting

Well, now I'm excited, I have purchased a '88 323 GTX, delivery is this coming weekend. It needs some work, which is to be expected, it misses on one cylinder and the exhaust manifold has a crack in it, there is some mino cosmetic issues, and about the amount of rust you would expect to find in a reasonably well taken care of west coast vehicle of that age. Currently, it has CAI and a very loud straightpipe 3" exhaust. Other than that it appears to be all stock with a B6t engine.

1st task will be to get in running smoothly and with all the power that this wonderful little beast should have. Prior to going up to taking the whole engine apart and messing with that stuff, I will be checking the spark plugs, wires, distributer, and fuel pumps. Are there any other suggestions as to what I should do before I dive into engine rebuilds, and what not.

I was also thinking of taking it to fountian tire and having them run their injector cleaning system through it. Does this seem like a good idea? or is it a waist of money. I'm new to this kind of thing for the most part, and I'm nearly as excited about the learning proccess and I am about the GTX. Suggestion are of course welcome.

After she's purring again, and I have some of the minor cosmetic stuff cleaned up (passenger side window doesn't work, needs weather stripping around the doors, needs a stereo of some kind (nothing super loud, just something to listen to) and the spoiler is loose) I am wanting to improve the intercooler, make the exhaust a little less... "here I am come and pull me over" and get a new ECU and upgrade the Fuel delivery system.

Should be Fun, expensive and I look forward to learning all there is to know about the rad little cars!

M
    M
    '88 323 DX ,Bone Stock
    '88 323 GTX, CAI, giant fmic, 3" exaust from the turbo back

good luck fellow canadian, its a long process to completely rebuild one of these cars, if you need help sourcing parts or you have general questions, let me know
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    1992 mazda 323 GTR
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick
    2005 Acura 3.2 TL

Comment

Originally posted by netcom View Post
      good luck fellow canadian, its a long process to completely rebuild one of these cars, if you need help sourcing parts or you have general questions, let me know
      Man.... who r u kiddin'? It's a long process rebuilding ANY car! LOL

Good luck with the rebuild.

LN323

Comment

Working...
      X