Stronger engine, same brakes&suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stronger engine, same brakes&suspension

I have a B6 now in my pro and i want that thing out and swap it with a 1.8 DOHC. Now, i have noticed that my "pro" is different in many things than yours american proteges. For example, i have disc&drum brakes. Will it be neccesary to change something on brakes if i get a 35hp stronger engine than now? Maybe drilled rotor brakes, that will be ok, but my question is: Will i have to do something with drum brakes (or any major modification on suspension?) to support that engine?
    Thanks!
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

well if i do that swap i will upgrade front brakes probably. i am very very limited on cash supply and i think that visiting mazda austria (autohaus Robinson) wont be good! but it is always nice there

well... if these brakes can hold 108 hp, they will have to hold a little more , like, 125? or maybe a turbo! no, i have to get my brakes improved
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

well... damn!!! my pro is not compatible for DOHC, actually, i would have to change almost everything except body and i dont have, money, supplies, time and knowledge to do that. Maybe one day...
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you can't get enough!

Comment

the tranny needs to be replaced and, i need to change almost everything, electronics, transaxles, brake sistem. my car is different but, in a bad way
        i will swap my 1.6 for a 1.8 SOHC, that tranny fits, i guess
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you can't get enough!

Comment

are you not listening!!! your tranny bolts up!!! how many times have is said that! and the 1.8L sohc is the SAME block as the DOHC! where are you getting this info that you _have to_ change your tranny??? it is not true. granted the BP has a bigger tranny that comes stock, but your tranny will work. Your tranny will work, your tranny will work.

as for brake system the rear drum brakes to brake harder, well in the drum there is more contact surface than the rear disk. And all you need to change is the front calipers, brackets, rotors, lines, as for electronics, you just need to add 2 wires.

an engine swap is not all that complicated, just do stuff in small steps.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

2protoss: i said that i will change the tranny because my clutch is burned, dead, and it is much cheaper to get the "new" used tranny than to buy a new clutch in a mazda dealer! i know it fits.
            since i need the engine now, and i want to do something with the car, i will get SOHC first, let someone do the swap for me, or help me doing it (i have no tools for that, no garage or anything). why SOHC first? well because in croatia finding DOHC is like finding a ton of gold... i will keep looking for BP and when i find him, i will do the swap myself. btw. SOHC ist so bad? is it? (compared with DOHC)
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you can't get enough!

Comment

yes, this one does, and the clutch is new! that is why i am doing it that way
              One day you are born,
              The next big milestone
              you can't get enough!

Comment

Working...
              X