Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand break light

hey guys
    i have a problem with my handbreak light, it still appears on the dashboard when the handbreak isnt still on, i was thinking its a problem with the switch? can anyone help me out here?
    thanks
    Lani
    .:.The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.:.

Check your brake fluid level.
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

well turpro beat me, but the center console is easy to remove, and the switch shouldn't be to hard to look at. anything after that, i don't know, i would suggest to see if it is sticking, but if it isn't i don't have anything to suggest. let us know what you figure out
        sigpic
        96 protege dx - gone :'(
        94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
        02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
        95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
        I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
        Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
        Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
        Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

Try unplugging the sensor at the Master and shorting the wire from the car to that sensor.
          Sometimes if you bled your breaks or had a leak and the pedal went way down it causes the switch in the master to stay "low" .