Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What injectors can I use on the bpt engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What injectors can I use on the bpt engine?

I'm looking into buy a set of RC 550cc injectors for my bpt engine but i notice there are two things about them that I'm clueless about and that is there are types they have for sale one is peak & hold & the other is saturated. Which one do i choose?

Do you have an ohmmeter? If your injectors are above 2 ohms or so, you've got saturated injectors (they're generally 10 to 12 ohms, measured across the terminals), below that you have peak and hold. I'm 99% sure that the BPT injectors are saturated, as the regular BP injectors are, but I don't want to make any statements about it

Basically, with a saturated injector, a constant current is supplied to the injector to open the injector and hold it open. With a peak and hold injector, for a millisecond or so, full current is supplied to the injector to open it, and then the current supplied is cut pretty heavily, as much less current is actually required to hold it open.

Peak and hold injectors aren't terribly common with older cars in my experience, but it's still worthwhile to check the injectors you're working with. Peak and hold injectors will NOT work with an ECU that is expecting saturated injectors (you'll destroy the injectors). Saturated injectors will NOT work with a peak and hold ECU (they won't open).
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

No i do not have an ohmmeter. The info you have just given me is very helpful as it points me in the right direction that was once confusing to me.

Comment

Working...
      X