X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue LEDs w/Reverse Gauges

BEFORE:

NOW:

Needles don't light worth a flip now. Maybe blue needle kit is next. Notice how blue the oil gauge light is Still experimenting, to be continued......
    Want Projector Headlights ?

Looks good. Who does make the blue needle kit? I remember seeing it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
      Looks good. Who does make the blue needle kit? I remember seeing it somewhere.

Comment

I thought the needles would light up blue because I got the idea from PHOENIX on the other forum and his needles light up blue. PHUCK! Guess my 99 sedan cluster is different than his 03. Back to the old drawingboard

Comment

You'll figure it out at some point. I'll see what I can do when the rest of my leds arrive.

Comment

hey danny, what happened to you not ****ing with your car anymore?:p: those blue needle kits are sweet, though

Comment

20 dollar bulbs don't count :ARCADE:

I'm not sure if the needles would work for our car. I'm gonna let someone else be the guinea pig

Comment

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
                I'm gonna let someone else be the guinea pig
                Hmm.......I was hoping you were gonna be the guinea pig. :p:

Comment

I really like the way the gauges look with the stock orange needles... is there any way to replace only the bulb that lights the odometer? Or do I actually have to pay $75 to buy the needle lighting kit?

Comment

20 dollar bulbs don't count :ARCADE:

I'm not sure if the needles would work for our car. I'm gonna let someone else be the guinea pig

well, i am one of the only people to ever successfully remove and install their needles... and i've done it 3 times now the tach needle on our cars looks smaller than the speedometer, but i'm not sure, as i don't feel like going outside and checking if that is the case, you'd need 2 large and 2 small needles, and the large one would probably need to be filed/cut down. hmmmmmmmmm, $79 for the set of 4...... maybe in jan, if i don't get the digital EQ i was looking at

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                      I really like the way the gauges look with the stock orange needles... is there any way to replace only the bulb that lights the odometer? Or do I actually have to pay $75 to buy the needle lighting kit?
                      I've yet to see any protege with the needle kit installed. The same 4 bulbs that light the needles light the faces unless you get aftermarket faces.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                        well, i am one of the only people to ever successfully remove and install their needles... and i've done it 3 times now the tach needle on our cars looks smaller than the speedometer, but i'm not sure, as i don't feel like going outside and checking if that is the case, you'd need 2 large and 2 small needles, and the large one would probably need to be filed/cut down. hmmmmmmmmm, $79 for the set of 4...... maybe in jan, if i don't get the digital EQ i was looking at

I say we establish the "blue LEDz needle kit" fund

Comment

I say we establish the "blue LEDz needle kit" fund

i'm not gonna argue something i just realized, you know all the people that broke their needles trying to install indiglo guages? well this would be a good thing to get with them, so even if you break the stock ones, you've got a set of needles, and don't have to spend $300+ on a whole new cluster

Comment

That is true. Do you have a DX blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                              That is true. Do you have a DX blue?

nope, i got the LX. should be close to the same, as far as needles are concerned. you've got the same speedometer, but no tach. what big guage do you have there instead? what about on the left hand side?

Comment

Working...
                              X