460cc injectors on stock pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

460cc injectors on stock pro?

Would it be a wise idea for me to put in the 460cc injectors (n/z 2nd gen rx7) now with the small amount of mods that i have (see sig). WOuld it cause me to run excessivel rich? Or would it be ok? I need new injectors, and the cheapest price I got was $750 for all four. Which I think is ridiculous. I have the 460's sittin, as I am gonna use them when I get my turbo installed. Thanks
    Eat ****.

I would think that if you upped to the walboro 255 Lph or the 2nd gen rx7 fuel pump then you might b/c the pump is there to add the extra fuel through the bigger injector.

I would think that you might run a little rich but not too bad to notice on just the fuel injector upgrade

This is my guess. Anyone know better?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

whoa... ummm yeah youd run richer than Boris Yeltzien's breath. as it is the stock injectors are big enough. upgrading them would only cause you more anguish than gain. unless you are going turbo, there is no need to upgrade injectors. you have a limited amount of air that makes it in as is, and stoichometric ratios play a huge part in our engines. find a way to get more air into your cyl before you even worry about fuel.

i vote waste of money.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

actually it wouldnt cost me anything cuz i already have them, (got them free from an rx7 friend). Thanks for the replies, ill just hold off on them until i go turbo if i do. How much do the stockers flow??
        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
          actually it wouldnt cost me anything cuz i already have them, (got them free from an rx7 friend). Thanks for the replies, ill just hold off on them until i go turbo if i do. How much do the stockers flow??
          Stocks flow 230cc.
          -Kevin
          -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
          -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
          -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
          -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
          -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Working...
          X