What do you use to clean your rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you use to clean your rims?

What does everyone use to clean their rims? I normally just use the car soap and a sponge...but is there anything made for rims that anyone here uses?
    Sagaris

Meguiar's "Hot Rims". Just spray on and rinse off. Works pretty good. If they are really dirty I spray them down and use a soft scrub brush on the stubborn areas. I have also used "Eagle One original mag & aluminum wheel polish". ALLOT of work but that **** looks brand new when your done.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

We use this stuff at work thats really acidic and it works well but I dont want to use anything thats going to ruin my rims. What about to keep them clean
      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
        What about to keep them clean
        Pray to the wheel gods!
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha! i heard some people say they wax their rims like they do their car and it makes it easier to get all the crap off of them.
          Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
            ha ha ha ha ha! i heard some people say they wax their rims like they do their car and it makes it easier to get all the crap off of them.
            I was actually wondering about that just last nite. I wasn't sure if you could use wax on your rims or not. Seems like a good idea.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I don't see how it could hurt. It's not like the wax is acidic. I might try it.
              Sagaris

Comment

soap and water works great.

uhhh U soaped up with water , works even better...

damn where my lawn chair and beer.
                Bruce
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Just soap/water and sponge here too. I'm leary of the spray stuff. I doubt waxing your wheels would be worth your while because wax usually only lasts for *maybe* six weeks at best, especially down here in the sun. A better solution would be an acrylic or polymer sealant. I use Klasse Sealant Glaze on mine.
                  Scott
                  '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                  '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                  '98 Volvo V70 T5
                  '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

I wax my car like a maniac every month
                    Sagaris

Comment

I do my rims last with the car wash formula (usually zip wax or something). I don't polish my car once a month like you do Motegi (sp?) I guess I am going to Protege hell for that one!:p: I do keep up with the interior because I have black interior and don't want it to fade. I use a conditioner on the vinyl and am a firm believer in shades not to keep the heat out, but to protect the dash from fading. I have seen black dashes turn whitish gray from the sun.

I did clean my engine bay today (spent about an hour to an hour and a half). As far as wash, it's raining right now and will continue throughout weekend.
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

I wash and wax my rims the same as the rest of the car. The wheels come clean just as easy as the rest of the car. And when I rotate my tires and go all out and wash and wax the entire rim.
                        02 Protege ES

Comment

i don't wax my rim.

anyhoo, just meguiars gold class car wash is enough for me. i wash my 5 every week...
                          -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

I just waxed my stock wheels (as a test befoire I wax my aftermarkets) and it seems to be holding up well. It's funny to watch water bead on my wheels but I'm not complaining.

I usually go to the DIY drive up manual car wash. I have a crazy routine though. I break out my bucket, and put some meguires car wash soap in there. Rinse the car, taking a bit longer to spray the wheels, then fill my bucket. I then handwash my car with my mitt, doing the wheels last. Afterward I spray the car off, dry it and wax.

If I don't do it by hand and just use the gun, it's normal soap and water. If I have to, I use a terry cloth and wipe the wheels when they're wet to clean them.
                            2002 Ford Focus ZX3
                            1987 Mazda 323
                            1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

IF it isnt rainning and I dont have to work I normally spend about 5+ hours on my car detailing it. Im insane about my car and its a good thing.
                              Sagaris

Comment

Working...
                              X