My opinion about (MS Sport Exhaust)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion about (MS Sport Exhaust)

So I got the MS Sport Muffler for X-mas ...YEAH!!, My 1st MOD and there are a couple things I like and don't like about it......... I like the way it sounds & I like the way it looks......but I don't like the way it hangs down so low, there is almost a 1.5 inch gap between the bottom of my bumper and the top of the muffler tip...anyone else have a gap like that?? And also I thought it was just my imagination, but my friend noticed too that it seems like I have lost power ...doesn;t seem as fast off the line as it used to be, my 0-60 time is 11 sec.....I dunno how that compares w/ other peoples times but seems pretty slow to me, but anyway, I guess i'll leave it on for now, sure does look a lot better then that stock piece of metal.....I guess I'm done for now
    Last edited by ProtegeDriva; 12-28-2003, 01:46 AM.
    '03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES
    -Window Tint
    -MS Sport Exhaust

i think the 0-60 time for a Pro is like 10.2 or 10.3..
    but that could have to do with your shifting speeds 'n whatnot

Do you have a pic of the exhaust?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Here's an old pic of my car, and mine doesn't hang that low... Are you sure you installed it right?

Nick Holinski
      2002 5 Speed Classic Red Protege' 5

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

gesh 11 seconds?

Comment

yeah i personlly like the look that exhaust, nice and clean.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
            i think the 0-60 time for a Pro is like 10.2 or 10.3..
            but that could have to do with your shifting speeds 'n whatnot

Do you have a pic of the exhaust?
            nope, sorry haven't got around to it yet

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
            Here's an old pic of my car, and mine doesn't hang that low... Are you sure you installed it right?

yep, pretty sure I put it on right, I mean it is pretty easy.....but yours doesn't look so low cause you have that rear skirt action goin on....guess I'll have to get one of those next to make it look better

Originally posted by itzkcatz
            gesh 11 seconds?
            yep, and it was a persistent 11 seconds, we timed it like 3 times....although having 2 other people in the car may have had a little effect on it??
            -Window Tint
            -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head. Most pics i have seen with that exhaust has some sort of skirt on it
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head. Most pics i have seen with that exhaust has some sort of skirt on it
                Skirt? WTF guys? That's the stock P5 rear bumper. I put the Wings West Kit on, but it's not shown in that picture.

Nick Holinski

Injen CAI - Painted Calipers - Red Hose Kit - Painted Valve Cover And Heat Shield - Factory Color Matched Engine Parts - Red / Black "Powered By Mazda" Shoulder Pads - Sylvania SilverStar High / Lows - Custom Red Rear Blinkers - Levoc Racing Development Pedals - Red Wire Looms / Covers - White Axis NE-O 17" Rims - Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Rubber - Mazdaspeed Exhaust - 35% Tint All Around - Protege' 5 Indiglo Door Sills - Protege' 5 Interior Badging - Alpine SEC-150R Perimiter Alarm - Eurolite Red Underglow - Disabled DRL's - Bug Deflector For Winter - Chrome Gauge Bezel Surrounds - Mazdaspeed / MP3 Lip Splitter (On MP3 Bumper) - Mazdaspeed Protege Badges - iON Performance V-Weave Carbon Fiber Hood - Replacement 2003 J-Spec Headlights - Shaved Side Mouldings - Wings West 3 Piece Kit - Autometer Triple Pod - Autometer Phantom Oil / Water Temp And Oil Press

Comment

compared to the sedan, my man. You know the sedan is not as sporty as the P5
                  <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
                  AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
                    compared to the sedan, my man. You know the sedan is not as sporty as the P5
                    In addition, the muffler for the sedan is completely different. Might explain it here.

Nick Holinski

Comment

Skirt? WTF guys? That's the stock P5 rear bumper. I put the Wings West Kit on, but it's not shown in that picture.
                      I know its the stock rear bumper but the P5 has the skirt 'built in' so that its all one piece.....us sedan guys have to buy a rear skirt and add it to our bumper to make it look like yours

In addition, the muffler for the sedan is completely different. Might explain it here.
                      How is the sedan muffler completely different?? I thought that it was just a little longer or shorter (not sure which one) then the P5 muffler....
                      -Window Tint
                      -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

The sedan muffler is slightly longer, and the reason it hangs down lower is just like you said, the skirt is 'built in' on the Pro5.

A MP3 rear skirt would definitely help.
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

what about some 'Kartboy exhaust hangers' would those maybe help and decrease the gap??
                          -Window Tint
                          -MS Sport Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by ProtegeDriva
                            what about some 'Kartboy exhaust hangers' would those maybe help and decrease the gap??
                            To my understanding, no. I thought they just kept it from wobbling around, but I may be wrong.

Nick Holinski

Comment

Are you sure you got the ms exhaust and not the ms racing beat exhaust? There are 2 different exhausts for the sedan. The racing beat exhaust should have more of an oval tip and would hang somewhat low due to the fact it is made for the ms protege which has the lower valance on the rear. I work for a mazda dealer and we have installed a couple of the round tipped ms mufflers on protege sedans and they fit nice and tight to the bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X