Miata intake manifold on B6T head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata intake manifold on B6T head?

Will the Miata intake manifold fit on a B6T head? I want to do a side-ish mount intercooler and the Miata manifold has the correct routing for something like that.

It bolts up, but you'll have a hell of a time getting enough room to running intake plumbing. It would put the throttle body practically right against the strut tower.

-Jon R.

Comment

^^ what he said.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

If you are adventurous you can chop the throttle body mounting point and move it to be straight and back a 1/2 inch or so. TIG that sucker back up and you are good to go. Just make sure you re-drill the extra passage below the main opening afterwards.

I am not really sure if the power gains are worth it or not.

Comment

any pictures gimpy? i heard cut it and reweld in the other direction to face drivers fender

Comment

I dont have any pictures sorry, I have just see a few done that way in the past. I imagine you could swap it around as well.

Comment

Here's a piture of a 1.8L Miata manifold I modified. Many hours of welding and a wicked UV burn.

-Jon R.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jrally View Post
                It bolts up, but you'll have a hell of a time getting enough room to running intake plumbing. It would put the throttle body practically right against the strut tower.

-Jon R.
                That would be a sweet cold air intake "mod".. not
                Why put the t/b over there??? more plumbing. Im not a Miata guy, any advantage or a "look what I did today" ??

Comment

I kno this is an old thread, but i was thinking.....is'nt the DOHC B5 motor the same as the DOHC B6 & B6T? I know there is the jspec that looks exactly like the bp from a first glance, until you look on the engine head and see the B5 stamp on it. If the B5 head is same as the DOHC B6 & B6T, then the DOHC B5 intake manifold should fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X