need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need more power

i need a lot more power. i'm talking like 2,000 watts per 8. i built and installed a 4.5 cu ft box with a 120 sq in port that was tuned to 55 hz, so it peaked at 58 hz, with three 8's installed. well, 58 was the loudest above the tuned freq. but they just laughed at me and begged for more power they were barely moving. i want them to be at full excursion at 58 hz i know they needed more power, cause i hit louder at 48 hz, the resonant freq of my car.

142.7 isn't bad for three 8's on a term lab, especially since it would be about 149 on an audio control meter, but i can do so much better. at 58 hz it was barely 142.2 i definitely need more power for them. with 4 i did the 139.2 in an SQ oriented box. it's possible that i built too big of a box, and had too big of a port, but i think the main problem lies with too little power i'm thinking about playing around with a single 8 for a while, since the box will be WAY smaller, and lighter lifting these boxes in and out of my car isn't so great for my back one 8 with 1100 watts could do some damage

horrible i tell ya.... that is just plain horrible... not horrible as in bad but horrible as in sad blue. really u need a to get a life....

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
      horrible i tell ya.... that is just plain horrible... not horrible as in bad but horrible as in sad blue. really u need a to get a life....

what's that "life" thing you speak of? you need to put a set of type R or type X components in some kick panels in your car. the increase in mid bass response is amazing having them enclosed

Comment

blue, i started drinking tonight b/c of aa
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          blue, i started drinking tonight b/c of aa

lol, that's an odd thing to have in a sentance i just got back from a little drinking, but not as much as last night gotta go see all the ladies i haven't seen since my reserve unit got activated:p:

Comment

are you gona try to build a box tuned to your caR?
            '02 classic red p5
            currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

blue, i dont know if im going to put them in kickpanels... spring break is my LAST project for my car. the interior. after spring break my car is done and im not putting anything big into it. so the whole car is getting painted on the inside and the dash is gonna have a LCD in the passenger air bag area and im thinking of mounting the 51/4's on the dash its self. ultimate front stage

Comment

mounting speakers up in the dash can be hit or miss. sometimes it works, but most often there is a nasty reflection off the windshield, ****ing up the imaging

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                  are you gona try to build a box tuned to your caR?

yeah, i'm gonna build a 1 cu ft box tuned to like 44 hz for one 8, and see what it'll do with 1100 watts i'm going to be designing a system with four 8's for daily driving that i don't need to take out for putting in an SPL box

Comment

tehy arent going to be pointing at the windshield.... the gonna be pointing at the seats.... like in the civic alpine did like right where the pillar meets the dash make a little enclosure and point them straight at driver and passenger faces

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      tehy arent going to be pointing at the windshield.... the gonna be pointing at the seats.... like in the civic alpine did like right where the pillar meets the dash make a little enclosure and point them straight at driver and passenger faces

i'd hope so, but the way sound waves expand, it's still a gamble with reflections up there would actually be the optimal place to put front speakers, since it's closer to ear height, so they won't bring the sound down, like some kick panels can

Comment

what im gonna do is take them out of my doors first and build a temp enclosure that would be hte sam size and stuff out of mdf and put it there and see how it sounds first and if it sounds bad then its back to the drawing board... so if that doesnt work im thinkin of doin the polk momo install type thing where its instill in the doors but its like kick panels.

Comment

just had an idea.... what if i puit the my the windshield again but put the im in the corners where the pillars meet the roof? iono just an idea.... BTW blue if i was thinking about fiberglassing my headliner and painting it... would u take it out of the car and do it and how the hell would u get it out if you did?

Comment

Are these those weird korean 8's you were talking about? If so these are some tuff puppies.
                            2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
                            Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

gawd, you remid me of my dad, 2 subs, an amp (duh) remote control stereo, and so far, 16 individual speakers, allin a 911 porsche carrera

Comment

Working...
                              X