X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6t starting problems

Hello people

Need your guidance!!

I have a problem with my 1988 323 B6T euro spec(I live in Denmark).

First a little info on the car: Bought the car stock, and with no problems at all. Engine was going very well. Then I decided to start an engine project, where every little bit was torn apart. After this the engine had some start problems. Which means that I should crank engine for 10 secs. Then wait…then crank another 10 secs, and after 5 min it would fire up. No problems from that point. If the engine was warm, all went good. I could turn it off, and then start it again 10 mins after with no problems. This problem became bigger and bigger. I only had time to drive once every week. Now it took 10 mins to get it startet from cold, then 15 mins and at last(now), I can get it startet at all. I drive stock ECU/harness. We have testet the fuel and ignition system. Both should be fine. I have fuel pressure(have not testet if the injectors gets signal to inject…don’t know how) and correct spark on every cylinder.

I am running out of options, and am in need for help. My last idea would be to see if all signal are coming correctly to the ecu. That is the start signal, which gives permission to start. But I don’t know where to measure and what to measure?

Everybody with knowledge or useful inputs, are more than welcome to reply…

Thanks in advance….

Casper

Hehe... There are so many things that will make this happen. Check for a clogged converter (unbolt the downpipe). A bad coolant temp sensor, TPS sensor... just try unplugging one thing at a time (except for the air flow meter). Check other things, such as plugs, condition of the distributor cap and rotor. One other thing that would cause this is a boost leak. EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE STARTING IT, a cracked air pipe will cause a no start or hard start. Get a friend, he turns the motor over in the morning.. you open the "flapper" in the air flow meter. This is what turns the fuel pump on. It does not matter if the filter or any other pipe is disconnected because you are duplicating air entering the engine. PM me for more help. I am not on too often. -Nick

Comment

Working...
    X