Smokin tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin tires

I tried and tried to smoke my tires, but my car wont let me. P ull the ebrake, raise it to 4500 drop the clutch and let em rip. My clutch just burns. Itsweird, because i can spin em halfway thru second when im driving hard and i can spin em when no ebrake is on. Can any one else smoke their tires?
    Eat ****.

Don't feel bad, when I had my old LX motor, I had the same deal, would spin in 2nd but wouldn't smoke. I now have a GTR motor and I can spin through 2nd and going into 3rd and they still don't smoke.

Adam
    1991 Protege GTR
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

maybe try finding some cheap ass tires? i figure the tires are quality enough not to do that sort of thing because they tend to hold together more and adhere to the road?

i dunno, like versus walmart tires that would be more likely to start disintegrating real fast thereby creating smoke?

im just theorizing here.
      Tag Team

Comment

just throw some water on the ground to catch some momentum and just let her rip.. though i can't imagine doing burn outs with your e-brake on is going to allow your axles to last much longer
        peace

Comment

burnin cheapies

I am voting for the cheap tires grip less idea. My Pep Boy Challenger performance tires smoke like mad when I do the high rpm clutch drop....lol
          Just tryinng to make a roachclip racer!
          Go Fast Drive Well Die Old!

Comment

now that is well burning rubber. d00d!! that must have fully balded the tire!!
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Just squirt some lighter fluid on there and throw a match at 'em. They will smoke up real good!
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
                I think my green car was a rental car at one time!!!
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

lol, aww charles-ur car is too pretty to have been a rental

Comment

yea i can smoke mine like a mofo all the way through 4th. Last year at carlisle, groharlem (wil) took my car and did a burnout and i think went through 5th before the tires started to slow down. WHole car was engulfed with smoke and rubber everywhere. To this day i still smell rubber a lil bit. MMMM smells soo good. lol but its not hard, if ur clutch is old. then it wone spin as well, clutch would just not grip and slip. Maybe ur pressure plate is worn and in bad cond. This will let your clutch not GRIP and grab when u drop the clutch at 4500 rpm. Check everything out b4 u do anotherburnout. Me personally, i dont do it anymore...its too much wear and tear on the tranny and clutch.

Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                    Beige 1994 Protege DX
                    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                      lol, aww charles-ur car is too pretty to have been a rental

the picture that Protege Menace posted was done by a rental protege!! Think of what the guy had to do to do that... and those are automatics
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

lmao...proteges rule

Comment

Originally posted by maz94protege
                          yea i can smoke mine like a mofo all the way through 4th. Last year at carlisle, groharlem (wil) took my car and did a burnout and i think went through 5th before the tires started to slow down. WHole car was engulfed with smoke and rubber everywhere. To this day i still smell rubber a lil bit. MMMM smells soo good. lol but its not hard, if ur clutch is old. then it wone spin as well, clutch would just not grip and slip. Maybe ur pressure plate is worn and in bad cond. This will let your clutch not GRIP and grab when u drop the clutch at 4500 rpm. Check everything out b4 u do anotherburnout. Me personally, i dont do it anymore...its too much wear and tear on the tranny and clutch.

Smoke your tires through 4 gears with the B8 engine? I gotta see it to believe it.
                          -Robert
                          '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Why would you wanna smoke em anyway? I threw out 1 axle from doing too many and now the right one is acting up.
                            If you've got the money though, go ahead.
                            '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Tai Mai Shu wears a BRA!!! lol hey where is that site for the song you wanted me to D/L??

as for smoking tires, wait till you are about to replace them. then smoke'em till they spark!!!
                              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                              So his engine he goosed
                              With much too much boost,
                              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                              X