more info on awd pros.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more info on awd pros.

well i just got a 90 awd pro it needs some work rust wise.
    it will get a dohc bp with boost.
    i have 2 boosted egt's and 1 88 323 bf (fwd) with a bp and boost.
    im just looking for other links and info about the awd pros other than club pro.
    i will not be messing with this car for a few months and just want to do some more research about them.
    thanks
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

I think damn near everyone that has one that's been modded or plans on getting modded, posts here...if you find a site like you describe, lemme know about it!
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

damn with all the 4wd pros popping up we could almost start a club4wdprotege.com
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

I learned 80% from this forum. I restarted reading in 2006, and for 1.5 years I read EVERY thread that was created, and even went back and read any thread that had any significance to the 4WD or suspension/body/etc mods I was interested in. I also read feoa, imazda, msprotege, m323p, and any site that google found the word 4wd and protege in. It is not an easy task, but was damned worth it. By far CP has the largest 4WD knowledge database, much in part to a few of us from the past 2 years.

The other 20% I learned by stripping my 4WD to the bare metal, including tearing apart every wiring harness. There's only so much you can learn from a window, sometimes you have to open the door and start razing the place. (wow that sounds cheesy)

I really should start working on my pro again....it looks sad with black steelies and low psi in the tires, leaves draped on it, dirt on the windshield...
        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

there's a lot of similarities on the 4wd pro and the bf chassis gtx hatch from what i've noticed so mazda323performance.com and the gtx yahoo list might be good resources as well.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            I learned 80% from this forum. I restarted reading in 2006, and for 1.5 years I read EVERY thread that was created, and even went back and read any thread that had any significance to the 4WD or suspension/body/etc mods I was interested in. I also read feoa, imazda, msprotege, m323p, and any site that google found the word 4wd and protege in. It is not an easy task, but was damned worth it. By far CP has the largest 4WD knowledge database, much in part to a few of us from the past 2 years.

The other 20% I learned by stripping my 4WD to the bare metal, including tearing apart every wiring harness. There's only so much you can learn from a window, sometimes you have to open the door and start razing the place. (wow that sounds cheesy)

I really should start working on my pro again....it looks sad with black steelies and low psi in the tires, leaves draped on it, dirt on the windshield...
            i've done similar. and every thread/article that i see has good information, i print it out. lol. i waste gas and trees!!
            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
            Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

It may be time to talk to ryan about making a 4wd specific section so this way we can keep all of the 4wd nuts here instead of club4wdprotege.com
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X