Gas Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Pedals

So my mom bought me some APC gas pedals for Xmas... nice thought from her... but (i feel like a jerk) i don't like them... so we're going back to Crappy Tire to get some other ones.
    I went real quick, by myself, today... and the guy at the car section told me that the pedals i was looking at for a M/T car wouldn't fit in my A/T..

Correct me if i'm wrong.. but are the gas and brake pedals in the M/T and A/T cars the same?? the only dif would be the extra pedal for the clutch...
    I always assumed this... but now i'm questioning myself... I'll try to make a visit to my bro who has a '02 pro5, M/T... but i dunno if the '02 pro5 and the '01 LX are the same to start off with..

Anybody got some insight on this?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

I am with you on that one. they are the same i have driven both a/t and m/t of the Pro before i bought mine. they where the same
    <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
    AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Yeah... the people that work at Canadian Tire (Crappy Tire) are the WORST when it comes to automotive stuff... they have an Okay selection of parts... but their staff is SOOOO dumb.
      But the guy seemed REALLY adament about the M/T pedals not fitting my car.. so i just left and decided i'd do a little research until i went back with my mom.

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

wha??
        The break peddles are diffrent right. Big for the atx and small for stick, unless mazda does somethings diffrently. I have never driven a stick pro but usually.

Stick pedals: http://store.aumauto.com/3pipepadco.html
        atx: http://store.aumauto.com/apaupeset.html
        did I missread the question?

Comment

Crap you are right!! i totally forgot about that
          <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

hmmm. i thought that was just to make it look more full(?!)
            hmm... well.. i'm still gonna exchange them for smaller pedals.. the APC ones are HUGE... like GMS truck size.. don't like that.. i like small suttle things in my car.

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

I had gotten those pedal after my first long trip. My feet can not hit the tiny pedals when i am sleep driving
              <-why i can't fix my car

Comment

The brake pedal for the at and mt are different. But I'm sure you will still be able to fit the mt brake pedal cover/thingy on an at with a little or no modding.
                2002 Blackmica P5
                CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Can someone with a MT protege, 3rd gen, measure their brake pedal??
                  just the width and height of it. i'm gonna measure mine today and see what i can muster.

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Lil Freek,

I just received an OEM Aluminum Pedal Kit for 2001-3 MT Proteges as one of my Christmas presents. Therefore, these pedal dimensions probably serve as the best model of what to look for in aftermarket pedals. I haven't mounted them yet but I did measure them for you.

The brake and clutch pedals are the same and the measurements are:
                    bottom: ~2.125" (54 mm) width
                    top: ~2.375" (60 mm) width
                    height of pedal (bottom to top): ~2.25" (57 mm)
                    The pedal tapers smoothly and evenly on both sides from bottom to top.

The throttle pedal dimensions are:
                    length: ~4.625" (117 mm)
                    widest width: ~1.8125" (46 mm)
                    The throttle pedal is asymetrical in shape and is identical in shape to the stock pedal.
                    Last edited by goldstar; 12-30-2003, 03:58 PM.
                    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Touche.

thanks for the specs.. i'll assume the throttle is the same on both cars.
                      but my break pedal is much wider.. damn it all... oh well..

anybody got a good suggestion on a nicer pair of pedals?? the APC ones are still too big (break is ~5.5" wide)

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                      X