Rice's Dyno Day #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice's Dyno Day #2

Firstly I will say that with the grid chipped ecu I made 200.2WHP.
    Since that dyno run many know that I've gone with megasquirt for engine management. The megasquirt made a considerable difference over the grid with the same exact boost pressure and turbo.
    Before I ruin the fun anyone wanna take a stab at my new HP? I will say its higher.

Edit for pics:

Last edited by wheresthericego; 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

sigpic

Comment

200.3whp

PS the bumper looks alot cleaner
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

dyno comparisons are only accurate if done on the same dyno:p
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
          PS the bumper looks alot cleaner
          Wait till the new one goes on

230?
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thats not me in pic #2 Its just some random guy that is ruining my picture
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Woooohoooo . I was close. Nice numbers. Did you get it tuned as well or just dyno?
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Just dyno. I could have tuned it in between runs but some people were taking advantage of that and taking like 30 mins to tune. It took this corvette guy like an hour from pulling it up to backing it off so I didn't want to hold up the line. My tune is pretty good IMO
                LEX did a good job with the base map and it needed minor adjustments to the fuel VE table. I was talking to someone and he said I could tweak the air temp sensor to make it compensate for weather temperature say the difference in temp between seasons. I had to retune fuel once we hit 90°+ days

Comment

Back on topic. I had to upload the video to myspace because youtube is being weird.

Comment

Nice numbers Nate, you going to up the boost? I pushed mine to 20psi over the weekend and had spark blowout. Narrowed the gap and played with boost so that it hits 18-19psi in the higher gears. Pulls like a bat out of hell. With the LSD the torque steer under WOT and while cornering is insane.

Comment

Yes I will. I need to upgrade the injectors first. I'm hitting like 96% injector duty as it is right now. Yesterday I was talking to a rx7 guy and he was saying that STI pink top injectors were a direct swap for his n/a rx7. The STI pink tops are 440cc. I need to research that but I could just go to the 2010 460cc redtops. Either way I need to upgrade before I do anything

Comment

Get the 550's out of the TurboII.

P.S. Phawkin car is looknig sweet as Phawk!

Comment

Originally posted by SPENONE View Post
                          Get the 550's out of the TurboII.

P.S. Phawkin car is looknig sweet as Phawk!
                          I run 550s and they are good to 20psi+. I am selling some right now and they are pending but I haven't received the cash so the sale hasn't happened so that means they are still on the market.

These are 100% plug and play and ready to go.
                          Last edited by Lex; 06-29-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                            I run 550s and they are good to 20psi+. I am selling some right now and they are pending but I haven't received the cash so the sale hasn't happened so that means they are still on the market.

These are 100% plug and play and ready to go.
                            rice..hop on it son,...dont sleep!

Comment

you should take it in for a tuning session nice numbers i was expecting more tq

Comment

Working...
                              X