B6t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6t

Ok, I really wanted to swap in a bpt..Then I relized thats a lot of money,time,skill, and more money that I dont have at this time. Well I just found out that there is a b6t. As of right now im just looking for more power. not an extreme amount of power. Just more then I have now.lol
    So basically Im searching for information on the b6t. Like is there any major differences between the b6d - b6t. Im going to guess stronger internals.etc. but yea.
    Thank you for your time.
    -Matt
    Last edited by Empire932; 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM.
    This is lolZz

I thought about doing the b6t before i went bpt and came to the conclusion it is no really worth it. The b6t actually has stronger rods but also only comes with 132bhp. Also due to the intake manifold you need to add some sort of hood scoop. I would just go the bpt or bp then turbo route because the work is going to be about the same.

Comment

There is more gains in just doing the plain BP swap. You really dont have to change much, clutch and ECU. Everything else is interchangeable, tranny bolts up along with motor mounts. Might have to do a fuel pump upgrade, but the whole thing could be done cheap. J/Y protege BP for 400 bucks and a cheap ebay or autozone clutch and your in business. Then just buy the turbo parts cheap as someone posts them up on forums or ebay.
      Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

can't you put the b6 intake on the b6t? also the b6 and b6t engines are capable of a ton of power just put a little more work into them. it mostly comes down to which engine is cheaper to buy... if you get a bp then you have 118-125 crank hp which is less than the b6t ... if you want to add turbo to the bp then you are looking at another 1000 to 2000 where as the b6t already has turbo. also the cost of either swap depends on which year mx-3 you have since the wiring completely changes from 93 to 94... there is a lot to consider no matter which swap you do.
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

i have a 94 is that the harder one..b/c the only thing thats kinda scaring me is the wiring.
          This is lolZz

Comment

best thing to do is pull all the old wiring and go with wiring from whatever engine you are putting in
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Im pretty sure you cant swap intake manifolds and have to swap the entire head. I went the BPT route and in retrospect its probably would have been better to do the bp swap and turbo it later. You can keep the f series transmission but i think it woudl be better just to go to the g series at that point.

Comment

the g series is the stronger one right?(i think)
                so its easier to go bp then turbo.. And is that one dictanary site thing(forgot the name) about the b series mazda motors..the cars that they came in.does anyone know how acurate that site it for the models/cars the bp came in?
                This is lolZz

Comment

Originally posted by projectmx View Post
                  also the b6 and b6t engines are capable of a ton of power just put a little more work into them. it mostly comes down to which engine is cheaper to buy... if you get a bp then you have 118-125 crank hp which is less than the b6t ... if you want to add turbo to the bp then you are looking at another 1000 to 2000 where as the b6t already has turbo.
                  Much easier to find BP engines laying around then a B6t, or parts at that matter. For 1000-2000 you can buy a whole BPT engine with most of the piping. Bought my first BPT for 1000 at the local JDM engine shop.
                  If you look around you can get the vj20 turbo pretty easily here on CP with manny for less the 500.
                  Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

Working...
                  X