Diesel Chip Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel Chip Tuning

What do you guys think about that? What do you think about diesel generaly? I hate it, the smell, the sound... phooey!
    And the chip tuning... that sucks!
    That is my opinion. Now you
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

There are only two things I like about diesels - efficiency and torque. As far as tunning, I have no idea. But I have seen a few trucks kicking ass at the strip.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I have no experience with it on cars, but a truck I get to drive has a 3.9L (237ci) 4-cylinder Cummins turbo-diesel and that sucker moves as well as the sibling trucks with 350ci (5.7L) V8s!

I like the idea of a crap load of torque and once that trubo spools up the sucker moves along just fine!
      --JJB--
      '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
      Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
      16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
      15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
      Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Deisel's are pretty cool. Gobs of torque, and they are very efficient. AFAIK, the tuning is pretty simple, it just ups the boost.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Having seen a chipped '03 Chevy Duramax 4wd club-cab run a 13.46 1/4 mile, I'd say they have lots of potential. It also had a bigger exhaust (4" vs 3.5"). I'd guess, he was pulling a 1.7 60 foot time, based on how hard he left the line.

Add propane injection, and it would easily be in the 12's. Trucks! TV tested a similar truck and got over 400hp to the rear wheels. http://www.truckstv.com/schedule/vie..._date=11162003
          Last edited by Davard; 01-02-2004, 10:12 PM.
          David Avard
          '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
          '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
          '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Working...
          X