broken shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken shifter

anybody else with a 3rd gen ever break the stock shifter.....just wanting to warn everyone i got 5 stiches in my wrist due to the bullsh*t mid shaft "bushing" in the middle of the stock shifter....advice...if your gonna "slam" gears get cartboy first.

(due to a comment posted last night Maybe this was too confusing for some people so let me first clarify before you get to my second post that i was NOT slamming gears just warning people who do.)
    Last edited by Kelly; 12-30-2003, 09:24 AM.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Holy crap, I don't think I've ever heard of a shift lever snapping like that.

HULK SHIFT!
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

funny thing is i wasnt slamming gears the, if you ever look at the shifter theres a thick cylinder type thing that adds the top 5 or 6 inches to the shifter...looks like there is a rubber bushing in it. well the whole top half of the shifter broke off that bushing.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

That sucks, but atleast you can just order a shortshifter and the problem is solved.

Comment

yeah but i dunno.....i managed to beat a P.O.S shifter knob on the remaining shaft and the shifter feels pretty good....it there really a whole lot of difference in throw with the kartboy?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

check this out

excuse the quality...picture phone and gifs dont go together...one of the shifter now, and one of the so called "bushing"...more like lawsuit.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

got pics of gash in my arm too....wanna see?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

got pics

you know what...i just got back from lunch, and even though the shifter is kinda ghetto right now...its still kinda cool...feels kinda like a supra shifter...forgot how exciting it is to drive your car the first couple days with a new mod, no matter if it was accidental or not.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

So you're driving it around without the top peice? If you like the height that it is, get the kartboy because it will probably be similar height, but the throws will be much shorter.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah i'd have to say thats a first, some people were removing that top part to make short shifters, but they had to use blow torches, not just rip it off, lol
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

well that was about uncalled for... since he wasnt asking for any....

Comment

yeah cant be good for your clutch and syncros either, i'd baby it. and **** uncalled for, mine as well bring it out into the open. you got a protege not a viper, take it easy.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                          got pics of gash in my arm too....wanna see?
                          POST THEM

RipperSnapper= Sick bastard.
                          " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                          Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                          Painted calipers
                          Injen CAI
                          Custom exhaust
                          Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

No matter how hard you pull on a shifter, it shouldn't break off. Enough said.
                            Dan
                            dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN

and in this case, you should shut up, expect no pity, and learn how to ****ing drive... oh yeah.. no warranty will cover what you did!
                              quality post as always

Comment

Working...
                              X