B6-ze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6-ze

So, I'm curious what you guys think of the idea of getting a low mileage B6-ZE engine from a local wrecker and swap it for the B6t. I know the B6-ZE runs at a higher compression so it should have more power at the same boost. (i'm thinking that the larger FMIC on my B6t should make knock a small concern)

How good an idea is this?
    M
    '88 323 DX ,Bone Stock
    '88 323 GTX, CAI, giant fmic, 3" exaust from the turbo back

Not a very good idea.. High compression motors don't like boost
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

The engine I'm using now is from a auto miata which has 9:1 comp ratio. The 5spd has a 9.4:1. Everything else is stock so we'll see. Probably a few weeks out before I start it.
      88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

...and the ban stick in 3...2...1...
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

the spam cat is angry!
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Using the long nose crank in your b6t with b6t rods and pistons, however, is a great idea! Thats the setup I'm running.
            1988 323 GTX

Comment

Working...
            X