Ran the GTX at the drags tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran the GTX at the drags tonite

I went out on 3 runs in total. Only one for time. The other 2 heads up.

First time out at the track in the car. Low boost (10psi) - Way non-abusive launch ( 2.3 60ft ) and a slippy clutch I ran a 14.32 @ 98 mile an hour.

Second run was against a stockish evo 8. I bogged the launch. He beat me by 2 cars. I was never able to reel him back in.

Third run was a C4 vette 6 speed. I beat him by 5 cars. He couldn't hook and was a real young guy. But it was my last race and a confidence builder after loosing to the Evo to beat a vette by 5 cars.

I welcome any feedback.
    Attached Files

What is your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
      What is your setup?
      definatly I am really curious... Your mile an hour shows that you are really pulling on the top end.. There is deffinatly a 13 sec run in that car if you can get the 60's down...

1.9's and 1.8's are totally possible with the gtx on street tires.. that will make your difference right there..

were you locking the center diff?

Comment

doesnt really matter he said he babied the launch and has a bad clutch... his car is keeping him from a better 60'
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

BF GTX
          BPT engine + tranny swap
          vj20/vf8 hybrid
          24x8x4 fmic
          3" exhaust, stock elbow, cat and 3 mufflers

chipped bp26 ecu, and distributer, larger fuel pump, rx-7 maf, fidanza flywheel

The car is a complete different animal on 17psi, but the clutch won't hold at that power level. It's a centerforce.
          I have a spec stage 2+ with the aluminum pressure plate option waiting to go in. I've been lagging cos I don't want the downtime for clutch break in. I'll wait till winter.

But yeah with a hard lauch I could probably break into the 13's. The mph is there for 13's. I compared to a car who ran a 13.0 at 98mph but on 1.7 60' where mine is 2.3. I work at the dragstrip so I spent the day today going through the time slips in the database for comparison purposes.

I really babied it off the line. I slipped the clutch rather than dumped it at ~2300rpm. I can't afford to stress the tranny in low gears. It's not a drag car, but I wanted to at least gauge it's performance.
          The clutch will pretty much grab any launch it just slips more that I'd like during gear changes. Any WOT shift above 12psi and forget it, the clutch is slipping big time.
          Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 07-14-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

oh wow. that clutch and your launch is really holding you back...

I ran a 14.002 at 92mph with a 1.8 60' on a stock B6T with fidanza flywheel, centerforce clutch, 2.5" exhaust, down pipe, crappy tuned ecu, 16 psi boost..

Comment

Ok good to know. 14.00 with a 2? That's a great time for a b6t! You musta been giving it hell!

You're awd? or fwd with slicks?
              Are you fully interior and so on?

A few more runs even with the current setup I could get the times down. I only ran one time. I didn't watch my shift points closely... and it seemed like I should have shifted sooner out of 2nd and 3rd. By the seat of the pants meter I felt the power drop off and when I hit the next gear I was already very deep into the power band in the next gear.

With a dyno print out I could map my gear ratios and figure out the perfect shift points in each gear.

What rpms did you shift @ in which gears?

Comment

EDIT: note my signature for my times basically wrote it all down then after posting looked at my signature oops! this was a 1.8l that beyond a 3" exhaust, usdm compression and a fmic setup was stock.

all that to say solve your clutch problem and im sure it will solve ALOT of your issues!
                Last edited by FazdaBoy4ever; 07-14-2008, 05:53 PM.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
                X