need any help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need any help!

hey guys got a 92 gtr it 102,000kmz and got a cone air filter 3inch exhaust, fmic all the bells and whisles however its got a miss okay so im givn her some stick at 23psi 95octane inside and about 5500rpm she does a loud pop from the exhaust and the buzzer goes im like wtf there shouldnt be a boost cut!!! wat the hell happend shed some light on wats going on

the car runs fine on a realy cold day it can wind right out all day not missing or anything and i know what ur thinking and no i dont drive her like this all the time just when im showing off lol

this problem comes and goes depending on the weather good when cold bad when sunny and hot,

also the fuel light sometimes comes on when the tanks not empty i have a photo of this if you want to see for kicks but its happend about ten times on all fuel levels thanks for your input im friggen lost here!
    Mazda Familia GT-R: 241HP ATW and 387NM @17psi

i give my wife a quarter inch at a time for thoes ten seconds or less im free

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

because noones helping me! gosh

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Comment

95 Octane in NZ is way way wya ywyay ywy ayy yaywywayyawy too low to be running 23psi of boost

you need to run 98 Octane and a octane booster and retarted timing if your going to run that higher boost

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
        1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

ok thanks for the input would this be why the buzzer went off?

sigpic

Comment

some ppls say that the GTR has a "fuel cut/Boost cut" @ 23psi
            others say it doesnt have a cut and just dumps the injectors to max when the voltage form the AFM gets too low

either way, the AFM is not ever ment to send a " 0 volt" signal to the ECU..0 volt = fuel cut, hence the RX7/GTR AFM are ment to get around this for the BP26 ECU

my guess is you have a air leak/pressure leak at that boost level, or something like the Knock sensor telling the ECU somethings wrong so its triggering a warning ..im not sure about the GTR's way of safe guarding the engine

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
            1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

The only thing that trigger the buzzes is the boost cut, 23 psi is alot for a gtr on the stock fuel management, the best way to get rid of it would be to lower the boost a couple of psi or swap for a stand alone engine management. try lower the boost a couple of psi if you no longer have problems with the buzzer, you was hitting the boost cut. Typically at high boost levels the wastegate port needs to be enlarger to keep the boost under control (no boost spike)

Comment

hey there the fuel management keeps up well it was a leaking bov in the end the ecu was thinking a hose blew off and kept retarding the timeing and buzzing for boost cut ive since sorted it and it runs alloy better now, and with the turbo your right about the wastegate however i dont mind too much as i just change when it hits 17psi thanks for the advice and if u like my gtr dont foget to vote for it in ride of the month thanks

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X