what do you think about the mazda3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think about the mazda3

hey, i just say a 5 door mazda3 on the road today...looks pretty sharp!!!
    what do you guys think??

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
    4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

I liked the Mazda 3 when I saw it at the auto show in NYC last year. Post some pics of your new ride.
    Chris
    MX-3turbo
    BPT engine swap, Protege Filled Engine mounts, Protege Tranny, Protege Axels, Protege Flywheel, ACT Street Performance Clutch, Spearco Intercooler with Custom End Tanks, Custom Intake, Custom Piping, Custom Exhaust, Konig Mozart Muffler, Walbro Fuel Pump, Pacesetter Adjustable Short Shifter, CorkSport Front and Rear Strut Bars, SRD Lower Tie Bar, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, MSD 6A Ignition, Blaster II Coil, A'PEXi S-AFC, GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, 820watt Power Acoustic Amp, Autometer Guages, Blue Underbody Neons, GS Spoiler, MS Side Skirts, and ADR Fuel Rims(17"x7").

Comment

i saw one at the dealer today, oh man do I want one.

Comment

um

hatchback with mazda handling and 160hp on a 5spd for under 20Gs....

give me one NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by mx3TT
          I liked the Mazda 3 when I saw it at the auto show in NYC last year. Post some pics of your new ride.
          i wasnt talking about mine, i dont have one....i wish...shoot, the lights look like the RX8!! i want one, but i doubt i can trade my car in....i'd be top heavy (or whatever they call it)

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
          4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Comment

O yeah i read it wrong. O well. A friend of mine is considering one...
            Chris
            MX-3turbo
            BPT engine swap, Protege Filled Engine mounts, Protege Tranny, Protege Axels, Protege Flywheel, ACT Street Performance Clutch, Spearco Intercooler with Custom End Tanks, Custom Intake, Custom Piping, Custom Exhaust, Konig Mozart Muffler, Walbro Fuel Pump, Pacesetter Adjustable Short Shifter, CorkSport Front and Rear Strut Bars, SRD Lower Tie Bar, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, MSD 6A Ignition, Blaster II Coil, A'PEXi S-AFC, GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, 820watt Power Acoustic Amp, Autometer Guages, Blue Underbody Neons, GS Spoiler, MS Side Skirts, and ADR Fuel Rims(17"x7").

Comment

I personally don't like the look of it as much as the P5 but everything I've read about it has been positive. If I get one in the few years (very likey) I hope the styling changes a little. I doors sit too high and I don't much like the raised hood and trianglar window behind the rear passenger window. And that front grill has to go. But spec-wise the car looks very good.

2002 Blackmica P5
              CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

I drove one today and the inside is absolutely beautiful...IMHO it gives VW a run for it's money with it's look and feel. On the road, it's a great ride. It's faster than my '02 Pro ES and it handles more smoothly with a more refined feel and I'd say it handles better. It does not feel as "tippy" as some would have you believe. The only thing I can say is that there's still a lot of wind noise, but the engine noise is less than in a Pro. If it wasn't for the fact that I owe too much on my Pro, I'd be the proud owner of a silver 3 5 door right now!! :D
                2002 Millenium Red ES 5sp.

Kenwood Excelon XXV-01D
                MTX Thunder 502
                MTX Thunder 282
                MTX Thunder 421D
                JL Audio XR650-CSi
                JL Audio VR690-CXi
                JL Audio 12W6v2

Comment

Damn they still have windnoise? My 93 is loud as hell, I didnt liek the pics but i did like the gray one at the dealership i went to with every option

Comment

i think the car sits on stilts. it need a 2-3" drop and it would look good. also the looks are nice, and the platform is the same as the volvo, so a turbo motor is avalible, be it a 5 cyl.
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                      i think the car sits on stilts. it need a 2-3" drop and it would look good.
                      I don't understand that statement.

There was a post a while ago with a side-by-side pic of a Pro5 and a 3, and though the 3 may look taller & narrower in pictures (I thought so too), it is not.

Protege5 specs:

Width (inches) 67.1
                      Height (inches) 57.8
                      Minimum Ground Clearance (laden) 5.5

Mazda3 specs:

Width (inches) 69.1
                      Height (inches) 57.7
                      Minimum Ground Clearance (laden) 5.7

So the 3 is a full 2" wider, a negligible .1" shorter, and has a miniscule .2" more ground clearance.

I need to see one in person - but the comparo pics really showed how the 5 and 3 match up, and made the 3 look FAR less Jetta-like, and much more low-slung and sporty.

Maybe someone can find the pic I'm referring to.....

~HH

Comment

Found those pics:

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

~HH

Comment

Originally posted by hihoslva
                          I don't understand that statement.

There was a post a while ago with a side-by-side pic of a Pro5 and a 3, and though the 3 may look taller & narrower in pictures (I thought so too), it is not.

Protege5 specs:

Width (inches) 67.1
                          Height (inches) 57.8
                          Minimum Ground Clearance (laden) 5.5

Mazda3 specs:

Width (inches) 69.1
                          Height (inches) 57.7
                          Minimum Ground Clearance (laden) 5.7

So the 3 is a full 2" wider, a negligible .1" shorter, and has a miniscule .2" more ground clearance.

I need to see one in person - but the comparo pics really showed how the 5 and 3 match up, and made the 3 look FAR less Jetta-like, and much more low-slung and sporty.

Maybe someone can find the pic I'm referring to.....

~HH
                          I think the 3 looks taller because the hood sits higher than the P5 and the doors are taller. If they lower the hood and doors, I'd buy one for sure. Maybe in a few years with the 2nd or 3rd gens I'll get one.
                          2002 Blackmica P5
                          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

the illusion is in the curves of the car, it still _LOOKS_ taller. it is by .2" but that is negligable. but the upper shape of the fenders also give it that "on stilts look". i know it is as tall as but the looks are decieving.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I only sat in the Mazda3 sedan but i test drove the M3 5-door.
                              The engine, interior, handling and basically the whole aspect of quality of build is ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING!!!
                              I thought i was gettin into a german car, i swear!
                              I would definitely get the M3 5-door over anything and was even considering replacing my baby (the 323) with a Mazda3... but i couldn't.
                              And there's no money to fix the 323, let alone for car payments on a second car right now
                              Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
                              262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
                              ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Working...
                              X