Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are both front coil springs the same part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are both front coil springs the same part number?

So is the same one used for both sides? No guessing please. Answer if you know for sure. Thanks

Yes. but theres are about 6 diffrent spring sets for bha.
    Atx base
    mtx base
    atx bp
    mtx bp
    and to other sets.

But I assume you just took 2 sets of front struts apart. But if you are replacing one make sure you have a set where the color swatches on them match.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I know you hate my long posts but here's another:

I bought two new front struts(Monroe standard stuff)for my 98 Protege LX. I took off the driver side first and noticed that there are two colors so you don't put them in upside down. Well, I really don't need that to tell but it's there. I looked at one strut and noticed it was the passenger side so I used the other w/o looking at it. It's common sense that one had to be the driver side, right?

When I went to put that one back on first(with the new strut installed), I noticed the brake hose bracket forced me to use that one on the other side. I didn't know how I could have messed up. I, therefore, ended up using the driver spring on the passenger side. When I did the other side, again it had the brake hose bracket for the passenger side. The parts store guy had given me two of the same side. The box number confirmed it was the same.

The driver spring sounds just fine on the passenger side but there's now a clunk on the driver side when I turn the steering wheel that, from good experience, is the spring. It clunks again upon returning the steering wheel back most times. I retightened everything to no avail. I'm may take it apart again and may even put the springs in their original location. What's your opinion on this Kitty Kat? By the way, I also bought new strut mounts right from the start so that's not the problem.
      Last edited by mannydingo; 07-16-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Actually the colors are there to let you know which spring it is

And you might want to see what shape the lower rubber isolator(the rubber donut at the bottom of the spring) is in. I don't have them on the BG and they clunk like hell sometimes. You might not of settled the spring in that side 100% too. You might also of not set the top isolator in a position its happy with.

Basically its one of those you're just going to have to dick with it until it fixes itself problem
        Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
          Actually the colors are there to let you know which spring it is
          You mean as in left and right? But there's orange on on ring of the coil and then yellow on the next ring below it and it's the same on the other spring. Can I be remembering wrong?

Basically its one of those problems you're just going to have to dick with it until it fixes itself
          Actually, that's what I had already figured. Maybe I will also see if I can get that cushion ring at the base from the dealership. I still wonder if there's a left and right or if they, with time, conform to one side. It's got to be it's not settled in the right position. I will have to play with it.

Comment

The colors=part number!

And by that logic they're the same part.

And when you get lowering springs(if you werent old:p) they don't have the springs mark driver/passenger.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Can someone PLEASE HELP? I have a 1995 Mazda Proto that I need to replace the rear coil springs. Does anyone make a more heavy duty spring set? I have to haul tools now and then and so forth in the trunk along with passengers and it bottoms out easy.

Comment

lol
                This is lolZz

Comment

What is so funny? And the link did not work.

Comment

The colors=part number!

And by that logic they're the same part.

And when you get lowering springs(if you werent old:p) they don't have the springs mark driver/passenger.
                    Always bashing the Old folks "sigh"