Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery questions

Hey,
    Well my battery died compleatly, i bought it back in nov. I was wondering if its possible to recharge a battery when its compleatly dead, i dont think it is, but ive been wrong before, and if I cant recharge it I guess im buying a new battery.
    I want to get an optima battery but dont know whether to get a yellow or red top. I am running 2 Amplifier's.
    Just wanted to get some input on which optima to get in my situation if I cant get my current battery recharged.
    thank you for any/all replys
    -Matt
    This is lolZz

Why did it die? Did you store it for a while? If you have been driving it all along and the battery died - then you may have a problem with the alternator.

Comment

It was a stupid mistake on my part, when I got my 2nd amp.i turned the key to acc. to check and see if the connections where right(if the amp turned on) which it did. and i started tuning that amp with the car on acc, because i forgot to turn the car on..then the next day it was compleatly dead
      This is lolZz

Comment

Well for the time being you can get away with just recharging the battery.

I personally have used optima yellowtops - they are ok. But i would go for interstate if given a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shameem View Post

I personally have used optima yellowtops - they are ok. But i would go for interstate if given a choice.
          But you do have a choice so why do you use Optima? I also like Interstate.

Comment

orbital o6 battery. they're a dry cell, deep cycle battery made by exide i think. best battery i ever had. had a 1000 watt amp and a girlfriend that didn't like turning her headlights off while at work. never let me down. just got another one for the lx. paid like 110 for it at some battery place. couldn't use the old one damnit cuz it was on a v6 and wouldn't fit in the lx. my brother replaced his optima red top like 3 times in the time i had the old one in the girlfriends thunderbird.

Comment

I have optima red top batteries in both cars and love em. Never had a problem with either ever. I have the largest red top in the protege since there is a system in it.
              Difference in red top and yellow top:
              Red top is where the power is at. It has the most CA's and CCA's out of the two.
              Yellow top is a deep cycle battery. If you're constantly draining the battery and charging it up, this would be the battery for you. They have less CA's and CCA's than red tops.
              There is also optima blue tops.
              They're a combination of both red and yellow top batteries they are deep cycle with a greater amount of CA's and CCA's than yellow top (may be equal to red top but i'm not 100% sure on that one.)
              Also optima used to make Orange top batteries. They're a red top with inverted terminals. The positive is in the opposite location.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

spam fail.
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

id go with red top too.ive had mine on 2 323's in the last 3 years with a 1000 watt amp on one and 3 ways on the other and is still works! go with optima

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X