installed the strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed the strut bar

hey i havent been around much but i have got alot of parts for my pro and i just installed the front strut bar slight modification but it did the job and handeling is much better ill be posting pics of that and other stuff i have now
    1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

....your butt dyno probably not accurate,
    how you gonna feed the chassis flex?

it's good to have but it's not gonna do much, it's like one of those do and and forget it mod.

invest in a set of anti-sway bar instead

Comment

What kind of Strut Brace did u get? i am lookin for one also. Also, in modifications i guess u had to drill in some more holes..

Comment

the strut tower bar that receives the most praise is the one found on mazdastuff.com

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
          the strut tower bar that receives the most praise is the one found on mazdastuff.com

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=972
          now why would 2nd gen people order a 3rd gen bar

Comment

cuz i'm a retard and i said so.

my bad...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by murcielago
              What kind of Strut Brace did u get? i am lookin for one also. Also, in modifications i guess u had to drill in some more holes..
              I used the one that goes for mx3, and there's 1 hole on each side should be drilled to fit right. On top of that I'm not sure how others did that, but I had to cut some metall holder or whatever it called to make brace sit right.
              98 protege LX for appearance
              89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Please, I paid 40 bucks for my bar.. Why anyone would pay above 50 dollars for a strut bar is beyond me..

Hey lowpro.. sweet you got the front in. Man I know you know how cold it is out there .. lol .. freezing .. lol ...
                  When it warms up we will have to meet up ...
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    now why would 2nd gen people order a 3rd gen bar
                    I'm pretty sure they're all the same.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                      I'm pretty sure they're all the same.
                      nope 3rd gen upper strut mounts are different.
                      I do however think that we may be able to use a full coilover system for the 3rd gen Protege's...

The rear sway bar connects to the same point and although the front sway bar connects to the front strut. We don't have to worry about that because our 2nd gens sway bar connects to the front A- arm
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

we could use coilovers from a third gen in our cars?

Comment

Working...
                        X