MS-II power up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-II power up question

I finished modding my board yesterday and then decided to try powering up the MS. I don't have a stim so I connected the power and ground through the harness to my PC, supplying it with 12 Volts. When you power up MS II, should you see any leds light up? There are 2 leds on the daughter board but none lights up when I power the unit so I don't even know if it's powering up.

Then, i tried flashing it with the MS-II extra 2.0.1 firmware and it downloaded and verified it but in the end, gave me some signature match errors and I can't connect with megatune because it says that the processor version doesn't match the .ini file version and that memory might get corrupted if I proceed. So I didn't try continuing.

Anyone can help me with that?

P.S. I used the DIYautotune package that has Megatune already configured for different version so I didn't do any additional steps where you have to create an ini file and move it to the right directory.

did you use the downloader batch file included in the zip file? Also, did you copy (and activate) the ini file for the code?

I run MS2/Extra and haven't had any troubles with it.
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

I will try to redownload the files on the board. Just need to figure out exactly what files I need to run the latest 2.0.1 MS2 extra code.

When powered though, should the LEDs light up at some point?

Comment

the outputs that are used for the MS2 base code for LEDs are not normally turned on, no.

I didn't even know that anybody actually used them

imho those outputs are much more useful as extra I/O for relays and stuff.

Comment

ok, it's working, i didn't have the communication settings set up.

Comment

I've made that mistake before. It's one of those things that you just never think of, when your brain shuts down saying "************ something's wrong"

Comment

I know, I thought it was set to 115200 by default and I checked everything else and yesterday, when I finally had a couple of hours to work on that, I sat down, opened megatune and first thing, went staright into the communication menu and fixed it, lol, felt like a noob again, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X