Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im buying lowering springs can i install then on my own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im buying lowering springs can i install then on my own?

im purchasing sum eibach lowering springs and i wanted t0o kno if i would b able to do this on my own and how

cardomain page

full bomex intake
    ractive exhaust
    17" excel 10 spoke rims
    kuhmo 711 supra ecsta 205/40/17
    bosch platinum 4 spark plugs
    xact spark plug wires
    apc spoiler
    alpine deck
    1500w rockford amp
    2 12" punch speakers
    apc streetglow
    washer lights
    light in grill
    custom grill
    custom bumper lights
    blacked out headlights
    blue headlights
    removed all logos
    custom interior

You certainly could. The only major tool you will need is a spring compressor. You will need it to take off the stock springs. I didn't need for the lowering springs, because they are shorter in length, and with enough force they go on with out the compressor. Other then that its just nuts and bolts. Also, if you have old worn out struts, its recommended to replace them. Make sure to realign the car after you lower it. Goodluck.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

This depends on how mechanically inclined you are.
      Bruce
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

It's not that hard at all to intall springs, but if you've never worked on a car before you might want to call someone to help you out or take the car to a shop. A spring compressor can be 'rented' from Autozone. You just give them a $50 or so deposit and once you return the compressor they give you your money back. Expect to spend the weekend on installing the springs if you've never done it before.......
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
        X