Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights

I have a 95 mazda protege and the headlights are cloudy and yellow. I can't seem to find anything aftermarket that looks really good. could someone help me out with a link or something. Looking to put some hyper white bulbs give the car a better look at night and in day. that yellow crust look just no fly.

Well, the headlights will always look yellow, its the plastic lens that turns that way after years of exposure to light. You can clean it, to make it look better. I remember someone had a how-to for a Supra headlights, but the concept is similar. However, the bulbs will only enchance the drving at night.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Either do this.

or buy this(bottom of the page).

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Or simply clean your headlights with a plastx by maguire - that was the cheapest and the fastest way.
        98 protege LX for appearance
        89 626 GT for performance

Comment

mania... those wont work unless he changes his fenders,corners and his hood i think.. he has a 95. those are 97-8

Comment

Yup, like Russian said...Plastic-X by Meguires

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Yea, I realized he had a G2 after I posted. Might as well go and clean them then.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

Awesome thanks i will try it and see what happens. gave the car to my wife since i finally got a pay raise and now can afford to repair my 93 civic ex (small accident repair to front end). thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                  Yea, I realized he had a G2 after I posted. Might as well go and clean them then.
                  umm 95-6 is still a gen 2 there bud

Comment

Yea...but aren't 97-98s considered 2.5s?

Comment

still those are some sweet head lamps too bad they have nothing for the 95. only seem to find rear euro style lights. Oh well maybe u can't customize to far unless u really want get dirty and dig down deep in them pockets

Comment

Try some bleach.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Does anyone know of after market headlights for a 93 Protege? Or something that I can make fit in there?

Comment

Guys I read this in a forum and I tried it and it works. try using nail polish remover and with a pice of cloth clean the lens of your headlights... It works.

Comment

Originally posted by TLR5613
                              Does anyone know of after market headlights for a 93 Protege? Or something that I can make fit in there?
                              E-spec headlights.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                              X