Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gen atx

I just learned something.
    After reading the protege faq I have just learned that we with the 1.6l proteges have the same tranny as that of all the other 3rd gens and the mazda 3's.

I figure the FN4A-EL is at least capable of 230 hp because that is what the highboost kit offers to the 2.0's. Now I know its torqe that kills trannys but it gives us an idea.

I actually used to think that the tranny would have gone out on me if I tried to get any real power.

Just a bit of info I thought some of our 1.6 tuners would like to know.

I am interested to see how the new Wagner Motorsports kit will work on the tranny. It will be pushing 240whp.

Comment

thats interesting ... is anyone going to do the wagnermotosports kit on an automatic anytime soon?

Comment

if by "soon" you mean like 16months.. then count me in

This year i tweak the suspension... and next year i play with the engine... Although i'm only going to set aside like CDN$4000 for engine modding... so unless the turbo drops about $750, I'll probably look at another turbo, or custom building one.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

16 months is a while ... i meant more like a month or 2 ... i would like to see if the power gains are worth ... right now i have given up on any chance of being faster because i have an automatic, i would like some more power nothing for drag or racing or anything but just for myself so i was wondering if anyone is doing it soon so i could see how the tranny holds up and what the power gain is.

Comment

as far as i've been told, the A/T should be able to withstand like 5-6psi on the HiBoost turbo.
            In all honesty, I dunno how much whp that would grant you... probably like an extra 70whp or so, with a nice exhaust. (on a 2.0L)

I'm in the same boat as you, where i'm not into drag racing.. but i do enjoy some extra muscle in the car and would like to be able to shut up the local Civic-ass-grabbers

I figure that if can drop about 200lbs offa my car and stick in about 6psi then I'll be humming at 175whp... that's a good handful more than most stock economy cars..

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yes that is exactly how i feel , tired of the dumbass kids wit wiper leds and stickers that they think make them faster , the only thing is right now i cant do anything about it

Comment

Working...
              X