X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator wiring

Hey,

94' mx-3

Well I wanted to upgrade my alternator wire, But I ran into something.
    I thought it just went form the bat to the alt. I checked both wires, 1 was confirmed to have connect to the alternator. but then I got confused.

the "alternator wire" goes straight to the fuse box. So I checked all 3 wires.
    1 wire checked out to go to the battery...so now one of the 2 wires have to connect to the Alternator,right? i checked both to the end of the alternator wire(taken off the alternator so its just the wire) and they BOTH checked out. They both had connectivity to the alternator..so which is which? i just planned on upgrading the alternator wire...so basically does anyone know where the two wire go to??

Or should i just re-wire it like all separate wiring.like one straight form the alternator to the battery, starter to the battery and fuse box to the battery?
    I'll draw up a couple "diagrams" to better explain myself.

Thank you for your time and help

-Matt

Also i think this is the real diagram..but it still doesn't explain the 2nd b/w wire that does connect..(or i could be wrong.idk.thats why im asking for help=]

EDIT:
    this is whats going on..need help with the "?" thanks to everyone
    Last edited by Empire932; 08-24-2008, 07:13 PM.
    This is lolZz

well I finally got tired and so confused b/c I couldnt figure out why the two b/w wires where both "connecting" to the alternator, so I just cut off all the tape.I found out why they where both connecting to the alternator..Now i need to find out how to upgrade them..any ideas??

I'm going to upgrade it 2 4gauge. Is there a way I can go around it,
    or maybe even use a Distribution block.lol,idk

pics.

#1:1 b/w alternator wire
    #2: b/w wire splits into two
    #3: where one wire goes
    #4: where the other wire goes
    #5:where the battery connects to(other side of the fuse connects to one of the alternator wires)

Last edited by Empire932; 08-26-2008, 08:49 PM.
    This is lolZz

Comment

Well I orderd all the parts/wire i needed. should get them next week.
      pics will follow later
      This is lolZz

Comment

Working...
      X