I need help with my cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with my cluster

I have the 323 gt digital cluster and its starting to go out. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with repairing the clusters or a schematic of the cluster's circuitry would help me. I took it out and touched all of the solder connections on the back. So far its been ok but I am still skeptical about it being fixed. I think that the frequency crystal is going bad. Im going to replace it this week.

What are the symptoms. Letting us know whats going on with it helps us out. Ive yet to have a problem with my digi cluster.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Ok well I will start out by the first symptom. I was sitting at a light and looked down at my cluster and saw the temp up all the way, the fuel up all the way, and the MPH at 120 when I was sitting at the light. I shut the car off and turned it on. It was ok till I started driving and then it started flickering and then blank. I got home shut the car off and started it again, the cluster was fine. The next day the cluster kept freezing so I took it out at work and resoldered the back board and took it apart and cleaned the corrosion off of the board and fixed some soldering in there. Since then it has been fine until today when I started the car up and noticed while I was driving that the MPH was staying around 20 MPH when I was doing like 60. I tried turning the car off and on and it will not fix it. Speedo cable is fine since the odometer is spinning at the rate that it should. I just would like to know if anyone has the FSM and if it has any schematic for the cluster so I can fix it. I am pretty electronically inclined since I work on aviation electronics. Please any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

I meet some1 with a GT have that same problem. Y dont u just change to anolog? i neva had a problem with my lil needels.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty323 View Post
          I meet some1 with a GT have that same problem. Y dont u just change to anolog? i neva had a problem with my lil needels.
          I see that you are around the corner from me. I have a black 4 door GT. What car do you have?? I cant find an analog cluster. Thats my problem

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
            I see that you are around the corner from me. I have a black 4 door GT. What car do you have?? I cant find an analog cluster. Thats my problem
            89 323 hatch with BT6 swap....check it out in the pics section. Hol up ru the blk GT with that square exhaust tip? I got mine from u pull it of a 88 323 lxi.f

Comment

BAN!! Get the hell outa here...
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

For future reference, the non turbo models with the tach, are not the same. They will work, but wheres the fun of going into boost, and not having your cluster tell you your in boost? :D
                Mazda
                1988 Black 323 GT
                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Working...
                X