Starting to give p on the Pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to give p on the Pro.

As of now im thinking of selling the Pro. The car had a bad tranny, I replaced it, also replaced battery, accessory belts,radiator,water pump, radiator hoses, and just when i thought it wasnt gonna give any more problems for a while, i hear a squeak noise from the front when i brake and when i drive theres a continous squeaking that comes from both sides of the front wheels and it's annoying the hell outta me already!. Apparently the tranny I bought was bad too because it kinda slips when it goes in Reverse and because the HOLD light flashes ( I got it from a junkyard cuz of lack of money so what could I expect), both of the axles click when i turn and my stereo turns off by itself. I had also bought a rear strut bar and a custom lower tie bar.
    The problem is i dont know who would want to buy that car.. Its not that is ugly looking and not properly taken care of on the outside its just that i know if anybody drives that car and hear all those noises and problems that it has they wont buy it.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

sad to say but you may be right. In your case and mine, our cars are almost 10 years old. My car just broke 100k last week, i dont know how many miles yours has. If costs of repair are really becoming a burden, it's probably cheaper just to get a new car.

Its like they always say . . . all good things must come to an end
    Tag Team

Comment

mine has 116xxx already.

Comment

Don't give up hope on the car. I know what you're going through. I am currently having problems my protege. I am suffering from a dead axel (makes metal to metal grinding in turns), my alternator is almost dead, my brake master cylinder is going, my brakes are shot (just replaced front assembly on both sides, waiting for warmer weather to install rear assemblies) and I have a boost leak from my intercooler piping. I've been down and out with my car before (am currently on 2nd motor, 3rd trans, and axel set #....only god knows). I gave Bruce my old LX motor when we did my swap. As far as the trannys, the orginal one blew at the track, replaced it with a junkyard one, that blew a month later in the middle of the highway and took the clutch assembly and axels with it. I am currently running on a junkyard trans with a GTR motor!!!! You may have just happened to get a bad one. All I'm trying to say is, as bad as things seem, they will get better as long as you make the effort to address the problem.
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
          buy another one. there's plenty out there.
          That's what i want to do but first I have to sell this one . Oh yeah and this time it HAS to be a 94 LX 5spd!!

Comment

Fixing all the things you mentioned shouldn't be that hard and will not cost hundreds of dollars as long as you do the work. If not, you can always find a cheap LX and go from there..........or you can go all out replacing the tranny and getting a dohc motor.
            There's a lot of routes that you can take as long as you are dedicated to the car.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
              Don't give up hope on the car. I know what you're going through. I am currently having problems my protege. I am suffering from a dead axel (makes metal to metal grinding in turns), my alternator is almost dead, my brake master cylinder is going, my brakes are shot (just replaced front assembly on both sides, waiting for warmer weather to install rear assemblies) and I have a boost leak from my intercooler piping. I've been down and out with my car before (am currently on 2nd motor, 3rd trans, and axel set #....only god knows). I gave Bruce my old LX motor when we did my swap. As far as the trannys, the orginal one blew at the track, replaced it with a junkyard one, that blew a month later in the middle of the highway and took the clutch assembly and axels with it. I am currently running on a junkyard trans with a GTR motor!!!! You may have just happened to get a bad one. All I'm trying to say is, as bad as things seem, they will get better as long as you make the effort to address the problem.
              Yeah, but You havent give up on your protege because.. C'mon man!! you look at what you have under the hood!!.
              Me.. i have a SOHC automatic with a filter and adapter... WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
                If not, you can always find a cheap LX and go from there......
                That's what Im gonna do. I WILL sell the Pro.

Comment

hey rally, best case scenario.. 94 lx 5 spd with under 100k, keep the dx as a parts car and just swap everything over you need. you have enough mods on your dx that i wouldn't give up on the protege entirely.. and trust me, making the jump to an lx 5spd, you'll LOVE the difference.. ask dave.
                  peace

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                    hey rally, best case scenario.. 94 lx 5 spd with under 100k, keep the dx as a parts car and just swap everything over you need. you have enough mods on your dx that i wouldn't give up on the protege entirely.. and trust me, making the jump to an lx 5spd, you'll LOVE the difference.. ask dave.
                    peace

hmmm...... well, maybe I could do that because yeah.. I dont wanna give up everything i have put on my pro.

Comment

Yeah, your better of just taking everything that you want to keep out of the car and then selling it for like a grand..
                      Then get yourself a LX 5speed 1st gen. You can start from there which will be a nice fresh start and you will be good to mod whatever you want to mod.

It just makes much more practical sense. Wil (groharlem) also proved this point to me also. I wanted to convert the red 323 to 5 speed and he was telling me don't bother, it's cheaper to sell it and buy another in a 5 speed. Guess what Wil turned out to be right. I sold my other 323 for $550 and purchased the new one for $620... and I am all set now.

Just sell the car and get a 5 speed.

Bruce
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have an automatic transmission off of my older Pro. Holler if you need it.

Comment

the sqeak problem is easy to fix.

Jack up car, remove the wheels and then bend, or cut those dan dust sheilds off. I always bend those ****ers up so they rub against my rotors while i drive. If you bend them clear out of the way of the rotors, you won't have that noise.
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                            the sqeak problem is easy to fix.

Jack up car, remove the wheels and then bend, or cut those dan dust sheilds off. I always bend those ****ers up so they rub against my rotors while i drive. If you bend them clear out of the way of the rotors, you won't have that noise.
                            Yeah.. I already did it. It WAS IT! Damn dust shields!!
                            Thanks!

Comment

I would def sell it and buy a lx 5 speed with a sunroof alloys,4wheel disc brakes and a bigger motor you will be happy

Comment

Working...
                              X