Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festiva

It's a '89 Ford Festiva 1.3 carb (B3) w/ 4sp.
    I saved it from an ice racing life and death. This was just to clean to be an out on the ice. So I'm giving it a new life as a nice street toy. For now it will just get a new clutch so I can move it around. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do about the engine/trans options. It depends on what donor I find.

Good thing these only weight 1800lbs or I wouldn't have been able to push it up on the dolly myself. I was checking the air in that picture good thing because they only had 10psi. Notice how rust free the door and the fenders are :D I already have a list of things I need to fix already number
    1 is the clutch because it doesn't work.
    2 is the e-brake which hardly works.
    3 the driverside window as you can see I have it down in the picture and that was a bad idea
    4 ignition switch is goofy works about 15% of the time the other 85% is nothing.

I got it home and couldn't get it off. I tried pulling up the e-brake but like I said it hardly works the tires just rolled. So I used the RX-7 to pull it off. Probly not the best idea but it worked just fine.

Before you say anything yes I know SCC is doing a B6T Festiva project. I look forward to reading about their build.
    Quote from eBay
    "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

that poor 323.. bet that was a kick ass car in its day.
    forgive my ignorance but that engine+aqd will swap into the festiva?
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

geez, go to bed man...
      I sleep 3-5 hours a night too but 130a-4a is the dead time of night to me!? I blame being in IS for my screwed up sleep patterns. If I get more than that I get horrible headaches.
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

get the latest edition of sport compact car. They just did a swap to a B6T .. Funny, they said not to get the year you got because you would have to swap all the electronics from a donor car and gas tank and wires and lines, to convert the car.
        I guess you missed that issue.
        Good luck
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
          get the latest edition of sport compact car. They just did a swap to a B6T .. Funny, they said not to get the year you got because you would have to swap all the electronics from a donor car and gas tank and wires and lines, to convert the car.
          I guess you missed that issue.
          Good luck
          I guess you didn't read everything because at the end
          Before you say anything yes I know SCC is doing a B6T Festiva project. I look forward to reading about their build.
          Well my car is in better condition that theirs. I bought it because I live in MI they rust out fast. This one was rust free so I don't care about the model. I could have found a FI model there are 3 under $800 in less then 20mi but they are all rusted badly and mine was only $325 rustfree and runs. I might put the clutch in tomarrow if I feel like it. Alt might be going but that's fine I'll get a 60amp from a Protege. They don't know much they print a few wrong things in that article; like MazdaRacing is no longer planning on a G25M-R swap. Still it should be intresting to see what those guys do. I am a rotorhead I might not even swap it with a b. Before you go off on me if anyone can do it I can.

Originally posted by cablemirc
          nah, i just put the auction in there cuz i found the auction he quoted in his sig.
          I thought that was really funny when I read that on eBay. I thought about biding on it but if I get a GTX I want one that is still in one piece. I hate buy cars that have been torn down partly.

Originally posted by DeanSweet
          that poor 323.. bet that was a kick ass car in its day.
          forgive my ignorance but that engine+aqd will swap into the festiva?
          Well the AWD will not swap without some major surgery. The engine will bolt right up to the stock E5M-R. That means you have to use the small flywheel/clutch from the B3 but it is strong enough. You can only get about 200hp down in a Festiva anyways.
          Quote from eBay
          "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Comment

I did read your whole post, You just didn't say if you read the latest article, which is why I said you maybe missed THAT article..

I don't know much about Festiva's, but maybe you can do some sort of useful swap or just rebuild the damn motor and force feed it somehow and find a way to mash 200 hp (I would rather see 300 hp to at least the tranny..) ..

none the less, it's a nice car, and if you can be resourcefull enough should make for a sweet project of some sort..
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
              I did read your whole post, You just didn't say if you read the latest article, which is why I said you maybe missed THAT article..

I don't know much about Festiva's, but maybe you can do some sort of useful swap or just rebuild the damn motor and force feed it somehow and find a way to mash 200 hp (I would rather see 300 hp to at least the tranny..) ..

none the less, it's a nice car, and if you can be resourcefull enough should make for a sweet project of some sort..
              There has only been one issue with the FestEVIL or Fastiva whatever they are going to call it. I thought you hadn't read that last part of my post. There was no mention of it in the vol16no2 issue because the USCC took over the issue. They probly won't say anything about it till April.

The stock transmission will not hold 300hp unless you drive it real nice. Some guys are running 250hp on the autos with luck. If I was going over 200hp I would find a G25M-R.
              Quote from eBay

Comment

Working...
              X