Ksport GI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ksport GI

A few friends of mine want some Ksport products. I still have a gross resale number and I looked into their distribution. And they're not that picky (unlike those tein bastards) Unfortunately looking at their buy in system combined with what I hear are horribly inflated shipping and handling fees I'm going to need to order a whole hell of a lot of parts to even bother.

Using my good old fashion business model; I'd need to sell approximately 20 sets of coilover at "eBay rates" :O

And of all the sites I'm on the coilover to member ration is the lowest here.
    So it figures if I can get 10 confirms here it'll be enough to get the wheels in motion.

Ksport makes coil overs for all the gen proteges and not just the "basic" "control pro" you see on ebay and most sites.
    For the BG they offer a
    -control pro(the ones you see on ebay)
    -rally spec damper
    -road race damper
    -"gt pro" (idunno)

for the bha
    -control pro(the ones you see on ebay)
    -road race damper
    -"gt pro"( it has the phrase gt in it!)

Other Products
    They also offer camber plates for the bg(apparently they dropped the bha ones) also.They also sell big brake kits for the BG in 12-16 inch kits. After getting the dealer catalog I can give prices of them and their "equivalence"{is that a word?} to a set of coilovers.

NOTE
    This isnt a thread about ksports quality. They're equal to low end tien stuff. I don't car what Joe blow says. The people that manage to blow struts in one year from ANY company don't know how to set up a suspension or they need to quit driving on the moon. I've seen them driven as aggressively as I drive and hold up fine. And if you do mange to blow one replacement dampers are less than $100. Try that with tien products.

Cost
    The same way I did things when I sold body kits. Making it cheaper than ebay. $890 to your door(in the continental US) for the basic set up. The other models would scale up fairly and accordingly. This way you save money, will actually get the product, show other business that people on the site DO buy NEW things, and you're buying from some one that you know better than "Randy's dirty underwear and automotive" from ebay.

Terms
    None of this "I'm in possibly if my mom doesn't get cancer and the cat doesn't have aids" $200 deposit will be required by 10 members before I max out a credit card to buy them. Deposit (when taken sometime in the futures will be refunded in the event of fail)

Also
    Personal problems; keep them at the door. I don't care if I made fun of your car,mom, face. Don't post rubbish in this thread.

TL;DR
    Ksports basics $890 to your door with 10 buyers.
    No bitching.
    Feel free to ask REASONABLE questions.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

You're not a vendor Kitty. Moved to the proper section.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I didnt realize we had a group buy section honestly. :o
      My bad.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I'd be interested in the rear camber plates if they work with the stock strut and not Ksport proprietary struts

Also...can thier coil-overs be used with stock strut mounts? IE: Cuscos?
        Last edited by Skuce; 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM.
        Drew
        '95 EGT 1.8
        T
        '93 ELX 1.9 SC
        '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Why would you want to use the stock strut mounts? They all come with pillow ball mounts.

I'm not 100% if the rears come with camber adjustment on the BG. I haven't gotten any promotional material from them yet.(sent off for it about a week ago)
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

i dont see the basics listed on the site would that be the "kontrol" model? the GT model has an inverted damper and a cpl other features .

Comment

I refuse to spell thinks with a "K" It reminds me of mortal combat.

Yes the basics are the "control pro".

And yes the gt are inverted good eye there.

Also you can get FULLY customize spring rates on ANY model.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Interest in the Gravel Rally spec. If I can get any dampening, stroke length, etc info that'd be nice. I already know what spring rates I'd like for the car, just need to know the strut specs.

Also, the GT. Inverted is nice, but not worth it if it doesn't have the stroke of the Gravel spec.
                Last edited by almighty4wd; 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM.
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
                  Interest in the Gravel Rally spec. If I can get any dampening, stroke length, etc info that'd be nice. I already know what spring rates I'd like for the car, just need to know the strut specs.

Also, the GT. Inverted is nice, but not worth it if it doesn't have the stroke of the Gravel spec.
                  I'd be keen to know that 2
                  PM me paypal info

Comment

id be interested in the coils camber plates, and a 12''bbk dependent on price of the bbk

Comment

Cool! I will be interested on the basic coil overs and maybe the 12" b.b.k.

Comment

God i wish the forum had multi quote.

-Unfortunately the only rally spec damper they make is for asphalt.
                        The gravel dampers are pretty much limited to current production AWD cars (and the dodge neon?)

-The big brake kits are going to be MORE than a set of coil overs.

-once again I have no technical information at this time from ksport as they haven't shipped my packet yet. But I do appreciate the interest.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

why not just spend the $900 outright for a full setup that's cheap for a coilover setup but yet its not a $600 skunk2 civic setup

Comment

Hell normal lowering springs and new struts will set you back ~500.
                            Add in pillow ball mounts front and rear and the ksports should sell themselves.
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

i think that the replacement inserts are $100 each

Comment

Working...
                              X